What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

BLM01

First Grade
Good point Gareth. Can someone please tell me what time this alleged event occurred, would be helpful.
In saying that, I will say what I have previously said on this forum.
These people have at right to a social life life just like me and you. The difference between them and us is simple. THEY are a public figure, WE are not. Corey NORMAN earns more money than the Prime Minister of Australia. You do not see Scott Morrison walking down streets at night in an area that some describe as, undesirable. You do not see the the Prime Minister of Australia or the opposition leader yelling and screaming at a poker machine because they have won an amount of money equilvent to, 2 or 3 % of his salary. Bearing in mind that this video footage was viewed by children who are watching one of their idols screaming at a poker machine. ???
Corey NORMAN and the majority of others 1st grade footballers have the financial wealth to dine out in areas of Sydney where this event would not have occurred. Some people may say I am picking on Corey NORMAN. I am not. I am just stating fact. Can someone please tell me the last time Pat Cummings, Ash Bartley, Adam Scott or Lance Franklin were caught in the same situation. I think not. Yes Corey you may have been abused but you are figure head, a role model that children look up to. You have a right to a social life, but how and where you spend that social life rests with YOU
Ol master
That’s a bit heavy for you
Have you run out of tomato seeds
Otherwise I would send you back to the forest to stay calm
Corey can look after himself and he has Been doing okay in the last few years since his previous troubles

I also would not be calm and scream at a poker machine if I won 3% of my salary
the difference being I wouldn’t put it on social media
there in lies your whole problem

He lives in Cronulla and the time was 947pm and 7 sec
Whatever it was It wasn’t long after sundown
There are a hell of a lot worse places in the world and even Sydney than walking around the streets at Cronulla at that time.

Comparing Corey’s profile to the Prime Minister was a bit rich
The PM Would cop hecklers any time anywhere and even gets things chucked at him
difference being he has a a group of minders and bodyguards :grin:

goldiesaintz

Juniors
tenor.gif

slippery5

Juniors
Got named because he was seen swinging his hand bag at several people.
I don't care what he was swinging, if I was there I would have evened the numbers up. Love or hate, why can't people respect a human being & some of the adversities they go through. All respect to someone who doesn't leave a mate to defend them self just because of an integrity unit, he is a Human Being first, footballer second.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That a story that that only the current witnesses are privy to has a racial tone attached. That those parties may understand that such a loaded topic may not get further attention due to its potential to blow up. Again if it happened more power to whomever sticks up for the rights of others. If it was somehow used as a cover for poor behaviour that would be disappointing.
I think you're reading too much into it.

Racial abuse happens every day. Street fights happen every day. It just so happens on this occasion there was a passer-by with their camera and it made the news.

Still don't know what it has to do with Australia Day. It was yesterday, so if anything these thugs were a day early. Today is Australia Day, there'll be lots of drunken blues happening across the country. So they couldn't even get the day right. How un-Australian is that?

redVinme

Juniors
I think you're reading too much into it.

Racial abuse happens every day. Street fights happen every day. It just so happens on this occasion there was a passer-by with their camera and it made the news.

Still don't know what it has to do with Australia Day. It was yesterday, so if anything these thugs were a day early. Today is Australia Day, there'll lots of drunken blues happening across the country. So they couldn't even the day right. How un-Australian is that?

Willow I just want it to be Norman's. Fault can't you just let me be. And yes bloody un-austalian

BLM01

First Grade
Ok...so someone says racist remarks against you. Why can’t you just walk away from the situation? Call the cops and tell them to come down and deal with the situation? People think it’s ok to start throwing punches if you’re verbally abused?
In a Utopia world I would normally agree.
in reality how long will that take to get the cops to be there as you are walking away telling them there are blokes racially abusing people and for those to still be there for the cops to deal with when they finally turn up.
Least it would appear in there situation a bru ha ha gives a little more time and an incentive for the cops to get there fast to deal with it. No charges were laid on anybody in the end.

blacksafake

First Grade
Ok...so someone says racist remarks against you. Why can’t you just walk away from the situation? Call the cops and tell them to come down and deal with the situation? People think it’s ok to start throwing punches if you’re verbally abused?
Maybe I didn’t word it clearly as I’m not condoning the violence, & yes they probably should have walked away? Who knows if they didn’t attempt to do this.
I’m just saying that if they spoke up for themselves against it good on them.
The problem likely arose due to the ones with the mouths having a few sherbets & wanting to be heroes.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Maybe I didn’t word it clearly as I’m not condoning the violence, & yes they probably should have walked away? Who knows if they didn’t attempt to do this.
I’m just saying that if they spoke up for themselves against it good on them.
The problem likely arose due to the ones with the mouths having a few sherbets & wanting to be heroes.

yeah mate. All good. Probably some dumb young kids who can’t control their beers.

possm

Coach
I don't care what he was swinging, if I was there I would have evened the numbers up. Love or hate, why can't people respect a human being & some of the adversities they go through. All respect to someone who doesn't leave a mate to defend them self just because of an integrity unit, he is a Human Being first, footballer second.
I'd say a good mate should have urged his friend and business partner to walk away. The safety of the girls, his mate and Norman himself should be paramount. If offended walk away and call the cops using your mobile.