What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Parker

beads6

First Grade
What other forum are you talking about? They sound like right idiots.

It is what happens when a fan falls in love with a player. I was like that with Denan Kemp back in the day. When I feel down I watch his highlight video on youtube :lol::lol:

AuDragon

Juniors
I'm one of the "Gillett lovers", and I reckon he can reach great heights and indeed become one of the Broncos greatest forwards. This doesn't stop me from criticising him when he doesn't perform as well or tries too hard, as has been the case in both games he started. Calling him overrated for that must be the joke of the month. But I guess it serves the intent...

LOL at calling BHQ people idiots, given we are on LU... :crazy:

Big Pete

Referee
Just because you criticise him doesn't mean others don't and doesn't mean there hasn't been some outlandish things said about him.

You'd swear I called him a crap player the way you're carrying on - I'm not. I just don't think he's as good as others think he is hence overrated.

Wouldn't surprise me if people thought the guy in my avatar is overrated.

diddi kong

Juniors
Yep, we don't particularly miss him, the only match we lost he let 2 simple tries in and lost it for us.
Does anyone know when his contract is up, I hope now he's an 'origin' player we dont re-sign him on lots of money

Mr Fourex

Bench
You'd swear I called him a crap player the way you're carrying on - I'm not. I just don't think he's as good as others think he is hence overrated.

Maybe it's something to do with the Denan Kemp quip........?

Pretty extreme.

Might have had less of a negative reaction if you were comparing his over-ratedness to someone less over rated

Dane Carlaw or Ashton Sims....for example.

Big Pete

Referee
Ha, that's pretty harsh on Denan. While the hype was massive in 2010 I think he deserved all the credit for his 2008 season.

Nobody can trump Carlaw in the overrated stakes and that hurts me to say because he always remained in my good books for 'that' try in 2002.

diddi - I believe his current contract expires in 2014.

AuDragon

Juniors
Just because you criticise him doesn't mean others don't and doesn't mean there hasn't been some outlandish things said about him.

Wouldn't surprise me if people thought the guy in my avatar is overrated.
The wording and context you used was a stab at BHQ and their posters, you know it as well as I do. Besides you twisted those outlandish things out of context. I took it personally, because I am one of the people who highly rate him. I even said I wanted his babies... That must mean I really want his babies! :sarcasm:
And don't say that's my interpretation, because when a poster here states that the people on the other forum sound like idiots, it really does say it all...

Big Pete

Referee
It wasn't a stab at BHQ, I was just using posts I've read to support my opinion.

There was nothing personal about it, says something about a person when they try and make it so.

AuDragon

Juniors
It wasn't a stab at BHQ, I was just using posts I've read to support my opinion.

There was nothing personal about it, says something about a person when they try and make it so.
Really? I thought you wrote that you never claimed they said it... So did they, or didn't they, what is it now?
So classy of you to talk about people on another forum who can't defend themselves too... :sarcasm:

Classic stuff, blaming the person who points out what you did wrong. Right out of the books that one! :lol:

Seriously, you should quit while you're ahead...

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
It is what happens when a fan falls in love with a player. I was like that with Denan Kemp back in the day. When I feel down I watch his highlight video on youtube :lol::lol:

hahaha, yeah i remember you were one of his big fans. Lol i have to admit i do watch videos of my favourite football players and teams when i get bored, and rugby league big hits and fights and stuff

Big Pete

Referee
Really? I thought you wrote that you never claimed they said it... So did they, or didn't they, what is it now?

Your mistake, I was referring to the they never called them the second coming of christ, I thought it was obvious.

So classy of you to talk about people on another forum who can't defend themselves too... :sarcasm:

I'd dare say most of them visit here and are reading this thread. I doubt any of them would be upset I think they're overrating a player.

Classic stuff, blaming the person who points out what you did wrong. Right out of the books that one! :lol:

You're trying to tell me what my intentions were, it's pathetic.

Back on topic.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I think Gillett will replace Parker in the origin team this year

i think thats a big possibility. Gillett has one hell of an X factor about him. he creates stuff from nothing. you know with Parker you'll get a workhorse, but parker isnt going to blow a game open

in regards to the opening statement, Parker does a lot of work, but like gallen he may need to pick his moments a bit better. it's something i think gallen has worked on over the apst few years. Parker has a big engine and wants to get involved, buts i can see it more the case where the ball hasnt come to him and he feels he has to do soemthing other than pass it.

Behold

Juniors
Parker might replace Harrison at lock and Gillet would come on to the bench. I don't watch the Titans games but I haven't heard of any positives coming out of the Titans, in terms of individual performance, so Myles might also lose his position as well.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Parker might replace Harrison at lock and Gillet would come on to the bench. I don't watch the Titans games but I haven't heard of any positives coming out of the Titans, in terms of individual performance, so Myles might also lose his position as well.

myles has been going well. Harrison on the other hand....depends how much qld want to show loyalty when a player really isnt performing

Big Pete

Referee
Yeah might be time for Mal to make a tough call on Harrison. No matter how poorly Harrison performed for the Titans, he always seemed to play well for the Maroons but I thought he was one of our worst last year. I wouldn't lose any sleep if they chose Parker over Harrison, although I doubt it will happen. Mal really likes the role Harrison plays for the Maroons and Parker is a different type of lock than Ash.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
It will be interesting to see what Mal does with Harrison, Myles and Parker. Also how is Dallas Johnson playing because I know Mal loves him, would he be a chance this year? Haven't really seen that much of him this year. I still think it would be best with Parker at lock and possibly have Gillett coming off the bench, just as that impact player, he definitely should not be starting though. Will be fascinating to see the make up of the Queensland forward pack.

If i had to pick one now it would be.

8 Hannant
9 Smith
10 Scott
11 Thaiday
12 Myles
13 Parker

14 Shillington
15 Civo
16 Gillett

AuDragon

Juniors
It will be interesting to see what Mal does with Harrison, Myles and Parker. Also how is Dallas Johnson playing because I know Mal loves him, would he be a chance this year? Haven't really seen that much of him this year. I still think it would be best with Parker at lock and possibly have Gillett coming off the bench, just as that impact player, he definitely should not be starting though. Will be fascinating to see the make up of the Queensland forward pack.

If i had to pick one now it would be.

8 Hannant
9 Smith
10 Scott
11 Thaiday
12 Myles
13 Parker

14 Shillington
15 Civo
16 Gillett
Totally agree with this. Myles has been a monster at the Titans, so he deserves to keep his position. Harrison on the other hand, not so much...

At 17, Taylor or even possibly Martin Kennedy who has been going quite well for the chooks.

Latest posts