What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Parker

Kiwi

First Grade
I would be surprised to see him head over to the uk to be honest. But then I never thought I would see tate or berrigan leave either and they did, so who knows

subsbligh35

Juniors
Heard he was pissed about not being made captain (as were I reckon 90% of fans) but he's a loyal Broncos clubman (probably the last of the true kind), he's not going anywhere.

That said... we all said the same about Petero

Hench

Juniors
Heard he was pissed about not being made captain (as were I reckon 90% of fans) but he's a loyal Broncos clubman (probably the last of the true kind), he's not going anywhere.

That said... we all said the same about Petero

Did you? From who?

unbreaK

Juniors
You can't really just make a thread without any proof or at least a link to an interview or something..

Paul T - HKR

Juniors
Its doing the rounds over here HKR have signed Corey Parker with Con Mika moving to Widnes to make room on the quota.

parra_jesus

Juniors
Off topic but while on Parker , do u think he will carry on with the kicking duties or will prince get the job ?

Chainshada

Juniors
Prince had a slightly higher percentage last year(Think it was 71% vs 73-74%), but I'd be worried if it would knock his confidence a little..Overlooked for Captaincy one year, then losing his kicking duties the next.

Don't get me wrong, Corey has off nights with his kicking now and then, and Prince would be great to have as a back-up..but I wouldn't replace him all together for an extra 4-8 goals a year (though I may regret saying this if we lose 2-3 games by 1-2pts).

subsbligh35

Juniors
I wouldn't be surprised if Corey plays in the front row rotation for the Broncos this year and sees less game time.

If that's the case, Prince for sure.

Reidy87

Juniors
I would be quite upset if Parker left, has been one of my fav broncos for a while now. Very underrated back rower, but having said that he is quite inconsistent with the boot (perhaps works too hard in general play to be full time kicker) and Subs, I think his body shape changed too much now to ever play front row again.

The back rower most suited to join FR rotation is Thaiday - but I doubt it'll happen.

Big Pete

Referee
Lock is Parker's ideal position. You basically get the best of both worlds in that Parker still has to work in the middle but has the luxury of not being relied onto manufacture momentum, which suits Parker to a tea.

The only position I'd consider shifting Parker to is on the fringe. Usually, Parker is pretty useless close to the line, but for the Maroons he actually looked quite threatening. If he could have passed sooner instead of relying on risky offloads (which thankfully paid off) he could be really deadly, especially at club level. Mind you, I'd only consider that option if our backrow wasn't at full strength, I rate Glenn and have faith in Gillett.

some11

Referee
Didn't some stupid rumour pop up mid season him about going to the Bulldogs, he's always said he's going to be a one club man and the fact that he negotiates his own contracts helps that.

AceAv

Juniors
Parker is awesome -and I wouldn't say he's underrated. Been the QLD lock a couple years now??

He's a master of the hit & spin and should be next 1 up for captain OR co-cap.

whykickamoocow

Juniors
Parker is awesome -and I wouldn't say he's underrated. Been the QLD lock a couple years now??

He's a master of the hit & spin and should be next 1 up for captain OR co-cap.

pretty sure Ashley Harrison will disagree with you on this one

I would be quite upset if Parker left, has been one of my fav broncos for a while now. Very underrated back rower, but having said that he is quite inconsistent with the boot (perhaps works too hard in general play to be full time kicker) and Subs, I think his body shape changed too much now to ever play front row again.

The back rower most suited to join FR rotation is Thaiday - but I doubt it'll happen.

Surely Sammy will be first man in?