What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cory Patterson

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Just got back from the ground and I was sitting next to a girl who told me that at the end of october Patto is going to the USA to trial in grid iron. Don't know if there is any substance to this she just said her friend from newcastle is friends with patto and he told her. Has anyone heard any rumours or anything about it?

roopy

Referee
There was an article about it in the paper in the pre season.
I don't think it came to anything.

Pumba

First Grade
Just got back from the ground and I was sitting next to a girl who told me that at the end of october Patto is going to the USA to trial in grid iron. Don't know if there is any substance to this she just said her friend from newcastle is friends with patto and he told her. Has anyone heard any rumours or anything about it?

Apparently it is in the RLW.

Knights star Cory Paterson will head over to America at the end of 2008 to have a look at the NFL and the possibility of playing in it. Paterson has been looked at by a few NFL teams, including the New York Jets.

I don't know if thats the article but that is what someone typed over at a different forum.

He would make SBW look like a poor homeless dude if it happened.

Big Tim

First Grade
There is a difference between trialling and playing.... for a guy that has probably never punted an NFL ball, it would be tough for a team to pick him up. It would work if he did some serious training with an expert.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Didn't Mason go oveer there and do some trials? I hope he comes to nothing his starting to show some form, he was awesome tonight.

Adsy

Juniors
You don't have to be the fittest bloke running around to be a punter in the NFL.

I think he would try to accomplish alot more here first before seriously attempting to crack it over there.

Burwood

Bench
Punters with Paterson's ability would be a dime-a-dozen over in the US. Much easier for a team to pick up somebody who has been through the system and is familiar with the game.

otori

Juniors
Lol speaking of Aussies in the NFL, Rocca tackled a guy after punting the ball in a game and everyone was shocked because special teams don't tackle. Always makes me laugh.

Karmawave

Bench
It's cut-throat making a squad over there.

Good luck to him if he goes for it, though kickers over there have massive longevity if they are any good, and I'd prefer to see Patterson reach his potential in rugby league and head over to the NFL as a punter in hit late 20's, where if he is good enough, he could still play NFL for another 8-10 years after his NRL career.

Kicking? Is it really that bigger skill considering they have dozens of college's with 1/2/3rd string people comming through, does Patto really have the attributes to be the next big thing??? Bogglez my mind.

Would be p!ssed off to loose him as ability wise he could be better for us then BK was IMO.

black knight

Juniors
I think I should invite Corey to come down in play for my gridiron team. He can find out how boring kicking 4-6 times a game and sitting on his arse for the majority of the 3 hours!!! I reckon he'd make a great Tight End as a bit of a double threat..

Big Tim

First Grade
Sav Rocca and Ben Graham can thank Mat McBriar for their contracts....

Even so, those guys had to go through so much to get the job (they came from AFL, so kicking was their major ability) and they could be cut tomorrow if they have 2 bad punts in a row.

Most kickers simply dont last in the NFL.... best to use it as a money earner when he is 30 or so.... If he lasts a season and gets 1.5m he could set himself up for a while.

Adsy

Juniors
Taking the p*ss mate.

Karma seems to hate it when you compare one of our rookies to a great of the game.

Serc

First Grade
Interesting, hopefully its just as the blog says at the end and he's taken a few tips from the guys over there and he continues improving for us :D Could be a real handy #1 kicker for us with any of Gidley/Wes/Scotty to kick when he's on the bench.

Jono078

Referee
Interesting, especially that it could really improve his already solid kicking for us.

He's also looking much bigger as well!

Latest posts