What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couchmen

The Badger

Juniors
Its been a long time since I have had anything worthwhile to post, however after watching Toby and Ryan Couchman on the weekend I must say they are a breath of fresh air to our Dragons season.Once they were on together they combined with Jack Debelin to form a brick wall in the middle of the ruck.Offensively they continually made ground to the point of contributing to two crucial tries.

It seems these young men turned up by default and said "hey this is the way to do it and we are here NOW" despite the history of poor management,coaching and recruitment. They are Priority 1 in our plans.There are a lot of brilliant young backs entering NRL but not young forwards of this calibre who can tackle and attack with their intensity.

gregstar

Referee
No chance we'll retain them.

Pus Gould is sucking one off & Uncle Nick is giving the other one a hummer as we type.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Yeah there really ain’t player in the comp as a lean tall 20yr prop that can play like Toby nor Ryan

wow 2 for 1

their trajectory is extremely promising despite them not typical prop builds

outliers like Fisher Harris tall and 104kg and Matt Prior later years tall and 107kg eventually are probably their markers

their lively work through the ruck was inspiring on the weekend

and they just seem like absolute footy heads !!!

Guys u love to play team sport with which is critical keeping a good squad together

Last edited:

st.phil

Bench
great kids - real dragons too... I've said it before, we can't recruit young talent like this so retention and pathways are critical. Flanno kept em keen all year and now coming into their own when the whips are cracking. They should be 200+ gamers for the club and both playing Origin within 2 or 3 years

The Badger

Juniors
Yeah there really ain’t player in the comp as a lean tall 20yr prop that can play like Toby nor Ryan

wow 2 for 1

their trajectory is extremely promising despite them not typical prop builds

outliers like Fisher Harris tall and 104kg and Matt Prior later years tall and 107kg eventually are probably their markers

their lively work through the ruck was inspiring on the weekend
Their other upside is they could handle lock and second row if needed.

They are absolute must keeps. We can't afford to lose them. The future of our club.

I wonder what their height and weights are for lean forwards.

They look around 190cm and 100kg but they are strong in contact, very fit and quick, good leg speed, great defensively and can offload. Very versatile in the forwards too.

They have to be in our 17 for the remainder of this season and next season.

TheRev

Coach
In the old days we used to run 2 black porches on the edges, now were gonna run 2 sofa-chairs through the middle.

Realistically though I suspect one will be our lock, maybe even rotating.. its tricky having 2.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Yep lock and prop totally works

just need that first hit up prop

and realistically to win a comp and or be in the top 4 only the best of the best manage that 8,10,13

so maybe they will be best served for the team success playing off the bench for another season or two ??

Latest posts