What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could the Titans be a smokey for the 8?

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Queensland should have their own finals series in October. Cowboys vs Broncos for the honour of playing the Titans in the GF.

Nah, the Cowboys play the Broncos in the last game of the season.

It's going to be park football quality as both teams compete for the Green-Seibold Award.

Eelectrica

Referee
Would be awesome, but I don't think so.
Next year though I think anything less than top 8 would be a failure for the Titans.

Holbrook has them going in the right direction though. Barring a nightmare first 6-8 rounds they should be looking to extend his contract sooner than later. Of course see how the start of next season pans out first though.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
Would be awesome, but I don't think so.
Next year though I think anything less than top 8 would be a failure for the Titans.

Holbrook has them going in the right direction though. Barring a nightmare first 6-8 rounds they should be looking to extend his contract sooner than later. Of course see how the start of next season pans out first though.

Is there any true to the rumour that Cameron Smith will be a Titan next season? His family has already relocated to the Gold Coast.

Eelectrica

Referee
Is there any true to the rumour that Cameron Smith will be a Titan next season? His family has already relocated to the Gold Coast.
Not that I'm aware of.
I think it more likely Cam Smith will retire at the end of the season and live on the GC.
If the Titans could get him as an assistant coach though, I could see that being a benefit to them and plausible.

I'm not Cam Smith biggest fan with the salary cap drama and costing my team a title, but if he played out his career as an Eel and helped bring in a swag of legit premierships, I'd probably think he was the greatest player ever. Interesting how perspectives can change depending on circumstance.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not that I'm aware of.
I think it more likely Cam Smith will retire at the end of the season and live on the GC.
If the Titans could get him as an assistant coach though, I could see that being a benefit to them and plausible.

I'm not Cam Smith biggest fan with the salary cap drama and costing my team a title, but if he played out his career as an Eel and helped bring in a swag of legit premierships, I'd probably think he was the greatest player ever. Interesting how perspectives can change depending on circumstance.

He'd be a great asset on the coaching staff. He is a leader.

Apart from the odd blob, they’ve competed well this season in most games. And seem very happy under Justin Holbrook.

They may indeed sneak in this year, but if not I can see them in next year with a few new signings, but in 2022 I can see them entrenched there. Fifita and some success would see them drag some other talent to the club. Really think that what they spent to get him there will really pay off. And for their long-suffering fans I hope it really does.

I cannot believe I actually got as far as starting this thread, as it seems like a fantasy. But consider this:

They have played some decent footy against Penrith and the Roosters. And absolutely belted the Cowboys.

The Titans would need to beat the Sharks this week to close the gap on them to 2 wins. But then they have:

Raiders (tough but at home); Dragons (can win); Dogs (can win) Broncos (easy win); Manly (poor without Tommy Turbo); Knights (???).

Yeah nah.

davi

Juniors
Well done Titans!!!! Five wins in row and handed sixth place Knights a thumping tonight. They could have even possibly had more wins if Kevin Proctor hadn’t been sent off against the Sharks. I worked it out though they wouldn’t have made the top eight, even if they had beaten the Sharks. if results had gone their way the Sharks still would have beaten them on for and against.

Only concern next year will be whether the new faces in the team will upset the chemistry. Hooker problem isn’t that urgent now with Mitch Rein putting up his hand up and playing tough. He’s not Cameron Smith, but he’s no longer a contract you are waiting to expire either.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well done Titans!!!! Five wins in row and handed sixth place Knights a thumping tonight. They could have even possibly had more wins if Kevin Proctor hadn’t been sent off against the Sharks. I worked it out though they wouldn’t have made the top eight, even if they had beaten the Sharks. if results had gone their way the Sharks still would have beaten them on for and against.

Only concern next year will be whether the new faces in the team will upset the chemistry. Hooker problem isn’t that urgent now with Mitch Rein putting up his hand up and playing tough. He’s not Cameron Smith, but he’s no longer a contract you are waiting to expire either.

if by chance they can get Brandon Smith there next year they are going to a real player for the top 6 imo.