What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could we be out of the 8 after this week?

azzah72

Bench
Just looking at the 8. A lot of teams on 10 atm.

If we lose and lose bad the majority of the others are playing teams out of the 8.

I haven't done the maths but this could be considered a danger game.

webShark

Just looking at the 8. A lot of teams on 10 atm.

If we lose and lose bad the majority of the others are playing teams out of the 8.

I haven't done the maths but this could be considered a danger game.

What Maths do you need to consider the Storm a danger game?
Being Top 4 after 26 rounds is all that matters. 5th to 8th no chance. Hides the fact you have not finished high enough to be taken seriously.

azzah72

Bench
Well thats sort of my point, after this round we could potentially be bottom of the 8, maybe even out of it with another hard game being the bulldogs straight after.

by the time our first bye hits we would be in the shuffle with the rest of that group and if we don't perform we could be in trouble by the time our second bye hits and then we have 3 hard games.

All I'm saying is i'm not panicking but the draw isn't necessarily helping us.

just the old sharks fan coming out in me I guess.

greenie1957

Juniors
Well thats sort of my point, after this round we could potentially be bottom of the 8, maybe even out of it with another hard game being the bulldogs straight after.

by the time our first bye hits we would be in the shuffle with the rest of that group and if we don't perform we could be in trouble by the time our second bye hits and then we have 3 hard games.

All I'm saying is i'm not panicking but the draw isn't necessarily helping us.

just the old sharks fan coming out in me I guess.

some of you guys should have a bit more faith in your team., don't you think ?

coolumsharkie

Referee
We wont be out of the 8 but will be out of the top 4 if we lose. It doesnt matter cause we will win.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
We wont be out of the 8 but will be out of the top 4 if we lose. It doesnt matter cause we will win.

Yeh no way we'll be out of the 8 if we lose but if we were, we are still better than 75% of teams going around.

Barring catastrophe (touch wood), we'll easily make the top 8.

Ken Ebb

Juniors
A little bit off topic but it looks like the bulldogs won't have Kasiano ( suspension) , Stagg ( injury) and probably Morris ( origin). Barba, Reynolds and Ennis may also be selected for origin.
They are a couple of huge players to be without so you'd think we would be a big chance against them even without Carney and Gal.
A win there would cement us in the 8 ( there it is )

A little bit off topic but it looks like the bulldogs won't have Kasiano ( suspension) , Stagg ( injury) and probably Morris ( origin). Barba, Reynolds and Ennis may also be selected for origin.
They are a couple of huge players to be without so you'd think we would be a big chance against them even without Carney and Gal.

Barbara and Reynolds? Serious??

azzah72

Bench
a little back on topic, with GC beating the dogs there's one we don't have to worry about jumping us now....

Madsharkie

First Grade
Good call Ken. Surely Kasiano won't play next week (or the one after!), and Stagg looks gooorne. Puts us in a stronger position for next week, assuming our boys come through Sunday healthy.

Reports coming out was that the utility for NSW were between Reynolds and Buhrer and for QLD , Cherry-Evans and Barba.
I personally wouldn't go with Reynolds or Buhrer.

I agree Ken.

Massive defensive issues with both of them.

Q.L.D would have a field day!