What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboy All-Stars

The Pain Game

Juniors
What do people think about JT, Charlie, Taebo and LOD's form in the game last night?

I am hoping the game attracts JT to stay. The whole camp together with King Neil Henry may have helped them put things behind them, unless that was already sorted ages ago.

Also, reports Ray Thompson played pretty good in the trial. A match in better conditions and with a few stars back will probably give us a better showing. Just a bit disappointed to hear some of our forwards did not impress much.

Talanexor

Juniors
I didn't see the trial, but it was played in atrocious conditions and Big Pete reckons Ray Thompson was Man of the Match for the Cowboys. And yet the only try we scored came through Manuokafoa. None of the outside backs stood up, which is what we really needed.

Maybe we'll get something more useful out of the next trial - hopefully the conditions are better for open, attacking footy and the backs get a chance to shine.

I only saw the All Stars replay this morning - was out having dinner with the missus last night, so I missed the whole match.

Thurston was absolutely everywhere in that game. Ty Williams played fairly well, although he was caught out in defence a couple of times by Jennings, he just doesn't have the pace needed anymore.

Webb looks like he's lost a LOT of weight. I can't remember him looking fitter. Had a fair bit of impact, but I don't think he got a lot of game time. O'Donnell was pretty disappointing: hardly made any impact and he got away with two forward passes. Burgess was without a doubt the standout forward for the NRL All Stars.

So, to me these games have only proved one thing. We still need to find two outside backs, and Ty Williams won't be one of them.

Charlie124

First Grade
Thurston - Brilliant as expected, played like he has been playing half a season of NRL already, no cobwebs to speak of and looked like he really enjoyed himself.

Webb - Played very well with good impact and strong runs, looks like he is in the same form he showed during the middle to end of last season, hope he can keep it up.

Ty - Played pretty well but didnt see a whole lot of him, i dont think he did too much wrong but didnt stand out in any way.

O'Donnell - Fairly quiet game by his standars however i wouldnt have had it any other way for this game. We really need him to stay fit all season so i was happy enough to see him just do his job and not get injured.

The Pain Game

Juniors
Have to agree. At the end of the day, LOD is usually the most reliable player we have (when on the field) and as long as he got through injury free, it was for the best.

Just looked at our team to play the Warriors and was disappointed we have Shannon Gallant playing in the reserve team. We should just persist with him. I know what Ty brings, and he finished last year well, but he needs some more pace and he will never get it back.

Latest posts