What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys dont deserve to be premiers!!

Barry Mundi

Juniors
Bomber said:
Don't we deserve any credit at all?

Don't be silly :)

There's far too many people with their noses out of joint who have to look for ways of passing the buck, rather than the facts shown on last weeks scoreboard.

Not to worry, win or lose on the weekend, I'm still happy with the boys performance this year.

Barry Mundi

Juniors
Also, Isn't it funny how most overlook the reason parra fell in a heap.

They didn't do it to themselves, They were shaken up and spat out by the cowboys.

I think it was Sterlo who mentioned th same thing during the broadcast when referring to St George & Parra's losses. it went something like, They only played as good as the opposition let them.

El Diablo

Post Whore
The Bradbury analogy is good as the Cowboys have required luck.

Last year the Dragons finished 5th and were beaten by 1 point and that was the end of their season.

This year the Cowboys finished 5th and were trounced in week 1 yet got a second chance.

lotti

Bench
we're 5 days out from the GF(3 from the swans ticker tape parade) we have no idea what will happen between now and kick off on Sunday. Both teams could be training well or training badly or we could have 1 team train well and the other train badly. the Cowboys will be boosted by the support QLD is giving them, they're the only team from last year's finals left, they've just beaten the minor premiers(ok Parra are finals chokers but that shouldn't take away the fact their they were the best side in the regular season and that the Cowboys just beat them) so anything can happen on Sunday.

lotti said:
we're 5 days out from the GF(3 from the swans ticker tape parade) we have no idea what will happen between now and kick off on Sunday. Both teams could be training well or training badly or we could have 1 team train well and the other train badly. the Cowboys will be boosted by the support QLD is giving them, they're the only team from last year's finals left, they've just beaten the minor premiers(ok Parra are finals chokers but that shouldn't take away the fact their they were the best side in the regular season and that the Cowboys just beat them) so anything can happen on Sunday.

Your point being??

bula_stormer

Juniors
They Deserve to be there, they turned up on the day and won, shouldve lost to both Melbourne and Parra because both teams are better than them but dosent mean they dont deserve to be there!!

QldRabbit

Juniors
Nickeel said:
Um, explain this bit again? :lol:

Nick

Sorry Nickeel,

I mean't having two teams that were obviously going to make the GF and the other 6 in the semi's making up the numbers. Look at last year, it was pretty obvious who was going to make the GF. But this year we all thought that Saints and Parra would fight it out. Just another twist in the season that makes 05 a corker. (if only Souths were in the GF) if the Tigers and Cowboys can do it i'm sure we can oneday.

LRC

I guess i grew up on the premier league and all european football comps where the true champions are the ones who can back up week in and out.
i am looking forward to the game however and think its a wonderful advertisement for the nrl.
I think the form the cows showed last year on the winning steak was more worthy of the title than this year...i was really looking forward to watching them become a super team this year and they did show signs but just kept dropping in some average performances... even allowing for the origin drop off.
I hope the tigers can lift again next season and do it all year like they have for the back half of this season.
i still rate the eels team of 2001 as one of the best teams i have seen over 40 yrs of following this game..i am not an eels fan ... they deserve more recognition .. as do most minor premiers.
But we need a comp where all teams play eachother twice and are not handicap by the rep season.
this wont happen though so i guess i will call the help line and get on with life.

eelsta

Bench
Pantherjim. said:
You don't win the Telstra cup for consistency. That's what the Top 8 and the finals are all about. To give the premiership to the team that has the courage, strength and tenacity to go on with it and win the title.

If Parramatta, as Minor Premiers were going to launch themselves into the Grand Final, they should have played like Minor Premiers on the day and not get beaten 29-Zip! :lol:

having said that I have sympathy for Parra supporters, but you've gotta admit guys, the better team won on the day and they definately deserve their Grand Final Berth.

If you're looking for someone to blame, blame the players and Brian Smith, not the system!

Pantherjim.

parra fans arnt blaming anyone we are saying the cowboys deserve to be there so lets just for a change not bag us for something someone else said for god sake:roll: