What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys Go Down But Do Fans Proud

Harko

Juniors
Cowboys Go Down But Do Fans Proud
Mon Oct 03, 1:16pm (QLD)
Written by: Brett Harkin
latestnews_s.gif
The North Queensland Queensland Cowboys went down 30-16 in their first ever grand final appearance but you wouldn't know it according to the fans who have rallied behind their team in support.

The Southern Stampede's official website forum has been busy all morning with fans from all over the country wishing them well and telling them to hold their heads high.

"As a coach of NQ Junior Teams that have always craved respect from the evil south as RESPECT is what it is all about and right now I am a proud North Queenslander. We have had a great year, be proud North QLD," wrote one fan.

"They worked their butts off all night, they didn't roll over and that's why I'll come away happy from this game, knowing that next year they will continue to be the force they have shown they are and you will see from the turnout at Dairy Farmers that they have earned a lot of respect from the people of Townsville. The fans have always wanted a team that was competitive and that is exactly what we have," added another.

With the many posts that have gone up one word continues to be used a lot and that is the word "respect". Something Cowboys fans and players have received in very small amounts over the years but now the players cannot be denied that respect anymore as they out done 13 other teams this season and will do it all again next season.

As the song goes, "The Cowboys are my team and it's my dream to see them at the top" and while they are not quite there yet, they will be very soon. Cowboys fans from across the globe are extremely proud of their team and cannot wait until 2006.

Fans are encouraged to take advantage of the closer opportunity to see the players on their homecoming at Dairy Farmers Stadium from 3pm to 5pm.

There will not be a convoy from the airport. Players will be presented on stage with the fans allowed onto the Dairy Farmers playing field to celebrate their first ever grand final.

AshMang

Juniors
whered your team finish? at least we were there and not languishing near the bottom because our team is comprised of one decent player

Cowboyzfan

Juniors
They most certainly did the whole region proud and we will be back bigger and better then ever in 2006

Latest posts