What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cowboys v Dragons will have a live stream

EvolutionUber

Juniors
It cost 5$ and will include u20 Cowboys v Pride.
Who else would pay the $5-10 to watch a decent stream of their team since its not on foxtel?

beave

Coach
Mate I wasn't having a shot at you over this, I am just saying the online stream will no doubt be rubbish as it always has been for the pre season games. I will give it a crack tonight, I'm just not confident it's going to be watchable.

Last edited:

EvolutionUber

Juniors
I didn't want my post to sound aggressive I was more trying to direct back to my point I've been wanting to be able to watch trials for years and I think it would be awesome for each team to be able to.

It'll be better then our phone stream last year.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Yeah, last years stream @Perth was absolute rubbish. Pissed a whole lot of people off. Hopefully these guys do a better job, especially since they are charging. But I'd deffinately pay 5 quid for a decent stream. Good luck with it.

Didgi

Last year's stream from Perth was a one-time thing taken by an iPhone at the back of the stand. Don't tar this with the same brush, the Pride have been streaming their games in the Queensland Cup for all of last year and from all reports it's reasonably quality.

BDR

First Grade
Yeah I've bought a handful of the Pride's games last year, they do a pretty good job. I bought the games vs the Cutters and the Capras.

If it's up to the same standard you won't be disappointed if you can bear to part with a fiver.

Talanexor

Juniors
I can't understand why more clubs aren't all over this.

Seems like an easy way to make some extra cash. People will pay because they're sick of watching cricket and to see their club's up-and-coming players. Could also be used as a sweetener for attracting members.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get some 2nd tier commentators to give a bit of insight & colour either - they'd probably do it for peanuts.

tumbidragon

First Grade

Seems like an easy way to make some extra cash. People will pay because they're sick of watching cricket and to see their club's up-and-coming players. Could also be used as a sweetener for attracting members.

I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to get some 2nd tier commentators to give a bit of insight & colour either - they'd probably do it for peanuts.
This!
I'm sure big Dell would love to commentate over a trial. Not sure how much he'd talk about the actual match though :lol:

Rexxy

Coach
so has anyone got anything? I can hear music but no pics and I paid. Show supposed to start at 530

Didgi

Agree completely. Anyone with a little bit of media training or even a good public speaker with a knowledge of the game could give a decent commentary, I imagine given the audience most would just want to know the story behind some of the youngsters getting a run and how they're going/chances for first grade.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I would love to give commentating a crack.

I could do it with salvo and Spina

We'd soon have a 'butchisms' thread.

I'm enjoying this stream, five buck for this game is a gem. They needed to get the word out to Saints supporters also to really make some cash.

The NRL/Telstra will be mad not to have a one game option like this, rather than limiting themselves to long term deals. People won't be able to commit to those and the illegal streams will still get their business. Allowing one game at a time will discourage that I'd say.