What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cows game

MilanDragon

Juniors
Souths had won nine CONSECUTIVE games beforehand, or doesn’t this count for anything?

While not in the eight, Wests Tigers have beaten all leading contenders this season, so it isn’t a team that should be treated lightly.

It’s funny though Jimmy, when we lose to the tigers it’s all doom and gloom about how bad we are.. when other teams do it’s acknowledgrd they’ve beaten all the top teams.

Souths were definitely due for a loss, same way we were due for a slide in performance. It’s about peaking at the right time.

Reality is at the start of the season none of us would have said we have the team to win the comp.. but it has to be acknowledged we’re up there with the best so far. Let’s hope we continue to be!

getsmarty

Immortal
It’s funny though Jimmy, when we lose to the tigers it’s all doom and gloom about how bad we are.. when other teams do it’s acknowledgrd they’ve beaten all the top teams.

Souths were definitely due for a loss, same way we were due for a slide in performance. It’s about peaking at the right time.

Reality is at the start of the season none of us would have said we have the team to win the comp.. but it has to be acknowledged we’re up there with the best so far. Let’s hope we continue to be!

Well Said MilanDragon.

aquiin

Juniors
Last night Mann came on as they were moving the ball around. I think it was the right move. Would not have been a good idea to put Latimore in at that time. And Mann looked dangerous with the ball. Lawrie only came on when Nth Qld were tiring.

The issue is that Sele wasn’t defending well when he was coming on in the middle. Ah Mau, Latimore and Vaughn together was another one we tried with Vaughn playing different minutes. We don’t have a perfect fit when De Belin is off. We don’t seem to want to sacrifice Frizell or Sims’ role on the edge, which would be the next logical steps.

Realistically Lomax was the one that would have played when Mann was shifted onto the wing. I don’t think Mann would have shifted in his role otherwise. He’s the closest thing we have to a Cameron Murray type player that we are missing. More necessary in warmer months.

Last night De Belin being off for ten minutes benefited the rotation, as strange as it seems.

ALSGI

Bench

Agree, Tigers beat us by 4 and we’re gone, amazing how Souffs and Storm coaches aren’t
Shit when they lose games.
By the way I thought we could win this year, main reason was Hunt’s impact on the team.

giboz71

First Grade
Agree, Tigers beat us by 4 and we’re gone, amazing how Souffs and Storm coaches aren’t
Shit when they lose games.
By the way I thought we could win this year, main reason was Hunt’s impact on the team.

I think if you watched our game against the Tigers closely, most people fail to acknowledge how well they played.

They completed 30/37 sets and hardly made an error. Benji and Farah played as well as I’ve seen them in years. Benji never played that well for us.

Beating Souths easily the next week just proved they are far from a dud team, especially now Farah and Mbye have joined.

Beating the Storm twice and the Roosters early in the year was no fluke it seems.

BennyV

Referee
I think if you watched our game against the Tigers closely, most people fail to acknowledge how well they played.

They completed 30/37 sets and hardly made an error. Benji and Farah played as well as I’ve seen them in years. Benji never played that well for us.

Beating Souths easily the next week just proved they are far from a dud team, especially now Farah and Mbye have joined.

Beating the Storm twice and the Roosters early in the year was no fluke it seems.
They played very well against us. And against Souths. I do agree that as a unit, they are far from a dud team. And yet, looking across their Top 17, I can't identify many (if any) players who walk into Top 8 sides.

Frank Facer

First Grade
They played very well against us. And against Souths. I do agree that as a unit, they are far from a dud team. And yet, looking across their Top 17, I can't identify many (if any) players who walk into Top 8 sides.
Wests have had the wood on Souths over the last few years.

Crush

Coach
They didn't look that flash against the dogs last night. I think they'll finish about where they belong, where they finish every year. 9th-10th.

BennyV

Referee
They didn't look that flash against the dogs last night. I think they'll finish about where they belong, where they finish every year. 9th-10th.
About right or above expectations, considering their squad. Next year they’ll sit comfortably in the 8 IMO.