What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Bellamy - genius

ozenzud

Juniors
the games are and have been manipulated all year to get the teams the NRL and News wanted in the grand final, any idiot can see that. Brisbane all FNF souths get rub of the green all year, Melbourne are allowed to wrestle when other teams are jumped on all year for holding a nano second too long. etc etc. you enjoy that, well I am happy for you all

I hope you arn't serious? Newslimited controlling the results of games?

Look I agree that the GF was no classic. If was no classic because Melbourne played too well and put too much pressure on the Bulldogs playmakers and the storm cover defended like their lives depended on it. It was a one sided game and never reached its potential of a clash of styles. If the Storm made a few errors and have the Bulldogs some ball in that first half, it might have been a competative game. But they didn't. They played a great game. I enjoyed watching their precision and accuracy and occassional brilliance. Moves done at blinding pace. Thats the reason why the Storm won.

Did Newslimited make Barba drop that bomb? Mate, you are in dream world if thats what you think.

Posters, the abuse on here is rubbish. That Moffo bloke should be banned. Express your opinions but cut the crap. Talk footy, not shit.

greg

Juniors
Boring my arse! Credit where its due, Storm were clinical and brilliant. To start the game with 10 completions from 10 sets says it all also. Anyone who did not enjoy that game is NOT a league person through and through. Well done Storm. Also up the Jets!

tangalife

Juniors
non-storm supporter here and I that performance from the storm yesterday was insane. Definately deserved to win.

boring my arse. Watching Norrie run full tit from drop offs, cronks no looker to slater, slaters tap back to norrie (unfortuantely offside) the solid defence...

Dogs Of War

Coach
At the ground it always felt like the dogs were about to do something, but Melbourne were just too good on the day. Congrats to the storm for playing so well.

adamkungl

Immortal
At the moment it does, we will have to wait and see in a few years, just like last time.

gee you guys are so bright saying f**k off to the AFL.

Come on anybody that thinks that today's NRL grand final was a spectacle have rocks in their heads...

Some Grade A drible in this thread.

I fully agree. I love to watch Melbourne play - they are far from boring. Disciplined with flashes of brilliance. Anyone who says they are boring doesn't understand rugby league.

They were excellent, a low scoring game but never got boring. Amazing defensive effort by both sides.

But nah f**k that, wish we could watch Tigers v Roosters every week for some of that 'flair' aka 55% completion rates. :lol:

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
I hope the Souths players were watching the Storm defend. That was a sensational defensive display. They just to did not give up on the play

Iafeta

Referee
To me, there's three coaches who are well out in front of the rest. Bellamy, Hasler, Bennett. I find it funny at times how hard some of the former greats and previously Bunji Marshall rate Tim Sheens... the bloke is NOWHERE NEAR that class and hasn't been for at LEAST 10 years. Then you have Ricky Stuart, talked up like the next messiah of a coach. Nowhere near it. The difference with a guy like Bellamy is while he seems to have a hot temper in the box, he knows how to sustain and re-invigorate relationships with his players. He never loses the dressing room. And tactically, he's savvy. Hasler, Bellamy, Bennett, massive daylight to the next tier of coaches.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Hey Zoddy, haven't heard a "Claytons Premiers" call from you in a while. Think you could drop one, just for old time's sake?

adamkungl

Immortal
To me, there's three coaches who are well out in front of the rest. Bellamy, Hasler, Bennett. I find it funny at times how hard some of the former greats and previously Bunji Marshall rate Tim Sheens... the bloke is NOWHERE NEAR that class and hasn't been for at LEAST 10 years. Then you have Ricky Stuart, talked up like the next messiah of a coach. Nowhere near it. The difference with a guy like Bellamy is while he seems to have a hot temper in the box, he knows how to sustain and re-invigorate relationships with his players. He never loses the dressing room. And tactically, he's savvy. Hasler, Bellamy, Bennett, massive daylight to the next tier of coaches.

Very interesting to see what Sticky comes up with after a few years off actually. the guy can definitely coach, but has flaws - his intensity is often mentioned as exhausting after a long period of time.

Let's see if he's learned anything in his years out of club coaching.

typicalfan

Coach
Craig Bellamy is a modern day Bennett. He brings the best out of players by making them accountable. I am amazed by the performances of Sisa Waqa and Will Chambers though. Chambers is incredibly underrated, maybe the most underrated centre in the competition. Waqa saved the day countless times, who is he eligible for because if he improves like he has done already then a rep jersey isn't impossible.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
They picked Canterbury apart. No other team has been able to figure it out all year and the Storm destroyed their entire structure. f**k they played well. Perfect.

How many times did the wingers knock the ball down on the last pass? 4 I think.

Perfect coaching. Absolutely sensational.

STORM.99/07

Bench
I didn`t think the final was boring.Storm`s defence was unbelievable,dogs would probably have beaten any other team yesterday with the way they played but they came up against Storm who gave the dogs a Masterclass in Defence.
STORM 2012 PREMIERS.

Noa

First Grade
Craig Bellamy is a modern day Bennett. He brings the best out of players by making them accountable. I am amazed by the performances of Sisa Waqa and Will Chambers though. Chambers is incredibly underrated, maybe the most underrated centre in the competition. Waqa saved the day countless times, who is he eligible for because if he improves like he has done already then a rep jersey isn't impossible.

Not by me.

His last 3rd in 2009 was as good as any centers in the comp, he's really just picking up where he left off.

Fire

First Grade
I f**king hate your club.

But, excellent game plan from the coach, and the players executed it to a tee.

One of the best Grand Final performances in a long time.

Another thing Melbourne has to be respected for is that they schooled all three teams they played in the Finals, and those teams were 1st, 3rd, and 4th placed on the ladder.