What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Gower may be available in 2014.

http://m.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Knights-sign-Michael-Dobson/78161

Newcastle must have paid top dollars to lure Dobson away from Hull KR, where is earning good money. So we can assume that Wayne Bennett is considering him as the first choice scrum half at Newcastle.

Craig Gower may be being considered by Bennett as a bench sub hooker. However Gower much prefers to play at scrum half. So another club in need of a senior but still competitive scrum half would do well to consider him. St. George Illawarra is one. Penrith could be another.

Ignore Gower's age. He has played 5 of his recent years in rugby union, so he never got knocked around. He still has a lot of talent to offer. Plus he has already led Penrith to an NRL grand final victory.

meek

Juniors
You must be Kidding - surely a geeup
- wow that would be a massive stride backwards .................... -
If the do that may as well bring back all the old timers - Walking frames and all.

Hows old droppsies going in QLD - could bring Clinton back as well - need a few more dropped balls every set.
Also might as Throw in Priddis for his forward passes and bring back the house .
You Cant be serious in saying Panthers should consider that course of action

ROFL ROFL
Sorry if this offends but the guy is or was a tool - my son played juniors for Panthers during the gower years and apparently he use to strut around like a god -- NO thanks

Last edited:

meek

Juniors
Get Gower involved in the Playmakers Academy.

Great idea
But will Gower's ego and big head fit through the door ?

I Think not - they would need to spend too much on renovations to make this happen
Let alone the mahogany desk and company Ferrari he would require

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Academy - Yes

Playing - No

We do not need to go back to Craig Gower, time to move on from the idea of him playing again for us.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I can recall Gus talking about gower when he was still playing for us before heading overseas and even then he said gowies best days were behind him so I would find it unlikely he would want him 5 or 6 years later.

maple_69

Bench
I never recall Gower having a ridiculous ego. He was a clown when he was young but when he became a premiership winning and Australian captaining halfback he became pretty professional. Would be great for the academy.

meek

Juniors
I never recall Gower having a ridiculous ego. He was a clown when he was young but when he became a premiership winning and Australian captaining halfback he became pretty professional. Would be great for the academy.

Don't want to start a shit fight so wont say much

But Please come on - NO rediculous ego - Really

betcats

Referee
Weve moved on from Craig I think, finally since he left we seem to be heading in a good direction. As a coach maybe, if barret gets a gig there could be an opining.

maple_69

Bench
Don't want to start a shit fight so wont say much

But Please come on - NO rediculous ego - Really

I just dont remember any examples which made me think he was a wanker along Dugan lines after he grew up say after 2003. I loved him as a player but he did screw us by leaving after we'd let Wallace go, although I understand his reasons.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Yes to me he never really appeared to have a wankers attitude at all.

The only thing that made me dislike him a bit was the Wallace/leaving for overseas episode. But when you look at how the club was being run then it is a bit understandable.

Gower always appeared to put in every time he played for us imo.