What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Gower

This guy is about to pull on a green and gold jumper and then the sky blue.
Hes the heir apparent to johns and if anyone says different-they are kidding themselves.
GREAT WIN!

thuganomics

Coach
Look, Gower should get it, but Orfords not that far behind. Orford hasn't done a step wrong yet. But Gower is the Hot Tip.

ortz18

Juniors
Whateva gower can do, orford can do just as well or betta. However the difference is experience, Gower is a captain and has played for both NSW and Australia. Orford has played no rep football, so depending on whether they want to win the test with the best side, or blood some new athletes into the game will depend on who gets the possi. In my mind i can see the both making it.

Parra_Boy

Juniors
Experience yes, that's why I'm sad to say it but Kimmorley will most likely get the job ahead of both of those players unfortunately.

I really wish Gower would get it though, he deserves it sooooo much.

SirShire

First Grade
Negative. Noddy's better and he rightfully earnt it. He worked his arse off to help carry that team against great Britain.

Big Mick

Referee
carry a team against britain but can't carry and NRL team.

I don't think so Mate. Kimmorley has nothing on Gower and if u watched the game last night you'd have seen it.

Big Mick

Referee
How good was it.

All i saw off every kick was Gower marking Minichello like a hawk, every time mini ran the ball, Gower was there to tackle him, a brilliant display by our halfback and why he should be N.S.W and Aussie half.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Yep gower was great in defence last night other than that one moment when he didn't play to the whistle and bryne got away with sattler no where to be seen #-o

Caged Panther

First Grade
Gower is undoubtedly in the better form IMO however I agree kimmorely as the incumbent and will 99% sure get the test job.
:(

Fibroman

First Grade
Excuse the pun, but Gower plays the game with more balls than Kimmorley. Gowie is prepared to put his body on the line time after time, and deserves to be rewarded for that.

Fibroman

First Grade
Gower makes the tackles that have to be made. He rarely comes up with a missed tackle, and regularly tackles the big blokes one on one. Some of the other smaller blokes in the game should take a leaf out of Gowie's book when it comes to tackling technique. Gower and Priddis, along with Bedsy at Newcastle, pound for pound are the best 3 defenders in the game.

Big Mick

Referee
HOW ABOUT PRESTON'S SHOULDER CHARGE ON CUSACK! I loved it, he stopped cusack and then stood in front of him and looked and went "Is that all you got" I loved it.

i love the little guys in our team, full of courage.

mightypanther

Juniors
IT was one helluva game wasn't it?

I am so glad I was there to see it.

Our little fellas have got so much heart and guts. I just love it.

GOD I AM SOOOOO DAMN PROUD TO BE A PENRITH PANTHER FAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah he was always first to chase after the kicks and smashed Minichiello numerous times. I was impressed with everyones defence but mainly by Gower, Girds, Lewis and Campbell.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Every time I see preston campbell up there as the first chaser on a kick it reminds me of the drovers dog scarter.

Fibroman

First Grade
At the start of last season I thought that Preston should have been playing 1/2 back ( Langy had him on the wing at the time ), and Gowie should have been playing 5/8.

Gowie finished up playing 5/8 on the test tour.

The late mail at the moment is that Kimmorley might get the #7 spot for the Anzac day test side.

Personally, I think that if Gowie had have played 5/8 last season and this season he would be a better chance of getting rep selection, and personally I think Preston is more dangerous at first receiver and Gowie as the link/pivot in the backline.

What are your thoughts?

Munky

Coach
Surely, I can't be the only that has noticed that the two of them swap positions during play. It doesn't matter what position they are named at.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Gower is a halfback, Presto a 5/8. Presto would do well at halfback but the combination is doing well for us so we should leave it like that.

Fibroman

First Grade
Preston is too small to defend at 5/8. There is a lot more 1 on 1 defence invloved at 5/8 than half. Even though Gowie snapped the half spot for the Anzac test. I think he would have been a walk up start for 5/8.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I always notice swapping of positions. As Lang has said on many occasion...it's only a number on the back.