What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Wing released?

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Well bottom line is if Wingy wants out...let him out.

I'm not one for wanting to keep players when their hearts are elsewhere.

I love Wingy he has been great for the Chooks but if he thinks his time is up...then so be it!!!

Wobbygong

First Grade
Roostar girl,

Wing didn't want out, the club wants to get rid of him like yesterday's rubbish what option does he have if he isn't wanted? This is rabble of a club at present and some insipid statement from the club like yesterday's one about "we will never be divided" smacks of desperation.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Wobbygong said:
Roostar girl,

Wing didn't want out, the club wants to get rid of him like yesterday's rubbish what option does he have if he isn't wanted? This is rabble of a club at present and some insipid statement from the club like yesterday's one about "we will never be divided" smacks of desperation.

Well I reckon he is playing like he wants out to be honest.

I don't know whenever things turn bad....Wingy always drops his head...he doesn't seem to be able to pull together and get things back on track...its just my opinion.

I spent some time with the players a month or so ago at a function and his body language to that of previous seasons isn't all that great....he just seems down and I can only put that down to being unhappy.

If your not happy than get out....do you think if he really wanted to stay the Club would let him go!!! I don't.

I'm under the impression he is looking at going to Union with Cross..CALL ME STUPID;-) :cool:

The Colonel

Immortal
Not sure about this as I haven't seen anything to confirm it but on Sky News Active last night they were running a small article regarding Wing being unwanted at the club and that he had been told as such. He was now considering his options which included Super 14 for next season. No one else seems to be running the story outside of this so how much thruth to it there is I don't know. Considering this would be the third story as such then it could well be.

There are also reports utility Craig Wing is unhappy at the club and is considering a move back to rugby union.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/heated-onfield-exchange/2006/06/27/1151174196875.html?page=2

fat_mike

Juniors
saw the same report on the sky news digital channel aswell. says the tigers are very interested.

roosters06

Juniors
Would obviously be very dissapointing to lose him, but i agree with RoostarGirl here, if his heart isn't in it, there is no point retaining him. His body language during the Canberra game was horrible at best, and i saw him as the players had breakfast before the game at the Crowne Plaza, he wasnt really talking and associating with the rest of the players that much.

ozzie

Bench

roosters4life

Juniors
on 10 news they said wing was talking to penrith but who noes...the media puts so many inputs in pllz heads that you cant tell

Wobbygong

First Grade
No club will want to pay out his contract unless the roosters foot part of the bill, so I reckon thge roosters are stuck with him for 2007

he is considering a move to penrith but the sticking point is that the Roosters do not want to pay for any of his contract - the same for finch's possible move to wests tigers

Wobbygong

First Grade
So it looks like the roosters will be stuck with both as no club in their right mind would pay the full amount of Finch or Wings contracts.

I honestly believe the Roosters will end up having to fork out part of his deal to help another club to take Finch off their hands, which will count on the salary cap as well.

Ryan

Juniors
Would you guys be interested if Manly were to say, we'll swap him dollar for dollar with Michael Monaghan???

...Morticia...

Juniors
Ryan said:
Would you guys be interested if Manly were to say, we'll swap him dollar for dollar with Michael Monaghan???

no. (you are talking about wing and not finch aren't you. if you're talking about finch, you can have him :mrgreen: )

Ryan

Juniors
Nah - Hooker for Hooker. Manly have allowed Monaghan to talk to other clubs. Nth QLD scoffed at his asking price, and said "no thanks, we'll look elsewhere".
He could link up with his brother, play 1/2 back next to Anasta. Could be a handy combination. Finch could remain at Hooker?

Come on guys - rally here.