What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crap Catcher Commentary

Mr Saab

Referee
Walt,

When does Gus talk about his "glory" days at the Roosters 1995-1999? He never talks about that when calling Rooster games.
I certainly didnt hear bias when he was critical of them on the Friday night game vs the Broncos. If Gus is kind he gets bashed, if he is critical he gets bashed. He cannot win.
Daley is critical of his old team the raiders, but never critical of his beloved new team the Dragons. His bias his sickening when calling them on Foxtel.

The Preacher

First Grade
Walt Flanigan said:
lol "twodicks", what are you 6? Grow up mate.

Add 40 to that and you're getting close, stupid, and I'm not your mate. My mates know a bit about the game. You know diddly squat, as your above posts show. :)

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Saab,

I don't keep a list of things he says, in fact I try to shut him out when I watch now but I'm sure I could make a good list for you the next time. I'm not the only one who thinks this so I'm not just making it up. As far as I'm concerned he's there to anylise the game and yes it's interesting when he actually does but for some reason he uses it as his oppertunity to air his greivences in the most "I couldn't possibly be wrong" manner. f**king annoying.

Mr Saab

Referee
Well i am 99.99% positive he doesnt talk about his days at the chooks in the mid-late 90s when commentating on todays team. Why would he? Did they win a comp? No. His only problem is that when he has a point of view he pushes it over and over. Like teams needing big outside backs. The eels and dragons have them and they were not in the GF last yr.

Breadman

Juniors
I think he is somewhere in between the opinions from you lovers and haters.
Knows a bucket load about football but is arrogant and biased.
I also think he is overly harsh on the refs aswell (I do think most of them are rubbish though)

The Preacher said:
Give me a couple more minutes twodicks and I reckon I'll think of a real knee-girl about you and masterbation. :)

Two dicks????? :lol: :lol:

Possibly the most immature and laughable insult ever dished out in the 3 years of the LU forum!!! Thats some acheivement

Frailty

First Grade
I will admit, I can not stand Gould at all. Everytime he opens his mouth, I cringe.

I will admit, he knows a lot about the game and was/is an excellent coach and tactitian. However, he overplays his knowledge of the game, especially when it comes to rules. His 'obstruction' interpretation last year is an example of this. He tends to think he knows EVERYTHING about the game.

Another thing I can not stand is his article. He constantly talks about being 'attacked' from others. Gus is still living in 1997, and is still in the midst of the war. Maybe his idea is that if he can dredge up Super League Vs ARL, people will side with him. He needs to get over it! As soon as he ignores these so-called 'attacks', we will not have to listen to his rubbish 'replies'.

Again, I will say I'm not a fan, and I think a lot of what he says is either rubbish or just plain out wrong due to his ego. But he does have some insightful views on the game. Vossy in my opinion is an example of a great commentator, who knows the rules, and does not let biases show.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Gould may talk some crap at times, but at least he had the ability to add some extra theatre to the game- Remeber his dramatic Origin previews/Grand Final previews on The Footy Show last year?

Very knowledgeable bloke

The Preacher

First Grade
waltzing Meninga said:
Two dicks????? :lol: :lol:

Possibly the most immature and laughable insult ever dished out in the 3 years of the LU forum!!! Thats some acheivement

And you'd know all about maturity wouldn't you Waltzing, you remarkable old seer. :)

Palms

Juniors
Gould is a great commentator and love hime or hate him, these people complaining always go back for more every friday and sunday arvo. He is insightful and not afraid to say when he thinks something is wrong in the game.

I just hate the rants mid game, save it for the papers, other than that a great commentator

m0j0

Bench
Walt Flanigan said:
I'm not the only one who thinks this so I'm not just making it up.

I recall a number of people from the Heaven's Gate movement a few years back that all believed if they committed suicide, they would be transported away in a heavenly space ship to live out their afterlife.

Just because a few of them believed it didn't make it anymore truthful.

m0j0

Bench
Frailty said:
Another thing I can not stand is his article. He constantly talks about being 'attacked' from others.
If you can't stand his article, then why read it? I, myself, don't have an opinion on his column because I don't read it.

You have a choice...use it wisely.