What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crazy TAB odds for the Panthers...get on!

murraymob

Coach
while good odds. In relation to how long it would take to get that return.Bets placed on games will offer better returns

hardbaby

Coach
while good odds. In relation to how long it would take to get that return.Bets placed on games will offer better returns

Yeah see that's the other issue. The Panthers will offer good game odds throughout the year. I can see a few strategically placed bets getting their supporters more money, more quickly and without the risk of losing it all.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
If history repeats itself then the Panthers may well make to top 8 this year. Of the teams in the top 8 of 2007 only 4 ( Brisbane, New Zealand, Manly and Melbourne) made it to the 8 in 2008. From the 8 in 2008 only 4 ( St George, Brisbane, Manly and Melbourne) made the 8 in 2009. From 2009 only 3 ( Manly, Gold Coast and St George) made the 8 in 2010. From 2010 only 4 ( Manly, New Zealand, Tigers and St George) made it in 2011. From 2011 only 4 ( North Qld, Brisbane, Manly and Melbourne) made last year. So it seems the bottom 8 from last year should be a very good chance this year!
Go the Pennies.

hardbaby

Coach
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital. Welcome to the forum. May your future posts be full of hope.

marty65

Juniors
All I can say is that since I placed my bets on (and posted it on here), the odds on the Panthers have been cut dramatically. The top 8 is now paying 4.00 (instead of 5.00) and the top 4 has been slashed from 26.00 to 17.00 (thats a decent cut!). That would suggest that quite a bit of money (apart from mine) has been invested on these bets. If the TAB sees these as sucket bets, why dont they keep the odds the same as they were?? (to attract more mug money...:lol:). Most serious punters I mentioned the original odds to, thought the odds were crazy. Time will tell. I still maintain that Penrith is around a 50% chance of making the semis. My guess is that they will finish somewhere between 6th and 11th. But who knows? A team like the Cowboys (who I expect to finish ahead of Penrith) could lose Thurston to injury, and they will be lucky to even make the semis!

hardbaby

Coach
The alternative would have been to not place the bet and watch the odds get posted over the first few months. The Panthers will start at juicy odds in many games. A few strategic bets and it's happy days. One loss along the way and you are still in the hunt. Now you have all your eggs in one basket, waiting for 10 months for a payout on a bet with low probability of success. Whoops.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The alternative would have been to not place the bet and watch the odds get posted over the first few months. The Panthers will start at juicy odds in many games. A few strategic bets and it's happy days. One loss along the way and you are still in the hunt. Now you have all your eggs in one basket, waiting for 10 months for a payout on a bet with low probability of success. Whoops.

If you want to make money and bet strategically, stay well away from the NRL, if you want to have a few fun bets, first try scorer, go for gold. I've got 500 bucks on the Panthers to finish top 8, not because I think its a sure thing or its even a clever bet. I did it to add a bid of spice to the season and 5.00 was great odds.

Remember kiddies, if you can't afford to lose, Never Bet.

hardbaby

Coach
I've got 500 bucks on the Panthers to finish top 8, not because I think its a sure thing or its even a clever bet. I did it to add a bid of spice to the season and 5.00 was great odds.

Remember kiddies, if you can't afford to lose, Never Bet.

And that my friend, is an excellent reason to bet.

franklin2323

Immortal
The reason I wondn't put my money on them is because Luke Walsh is the halfback.

It's up to Barrett and the rest of the coaches to come with a game plan around him. They stupidly released Siejka surely they have a plan. 4 games aside he was average on those average games he would just pass and kick always to the right not left.

Instead of going to Newton, Tighe, Simmons. This year if he goes the same way Brown, Whare and Roberts. I know what I prefer.

Then inside the 20 Segeyaro can actually cause something and Manu. Coote an off season working with Barrett. A lot more reasons to be confident.

It's up to Barrett and the rest of the coaches to come with a game plan around him. They stupidly released Siejka surely they have a plan. 4 games aside he was average on those average games he would just pass and kick always to the right not left.

Instead of going to Newton, Tighe, Simmons. This year if he goes the same way Brown, Whare and Roberts. I know what I prefer.

Then inside the 20 Segeyaro can actually cause something and Manu. Coote an off season working with Barrett. A lot more reasons to be confident.
IMO you guys are the real dark horses of the upcoming season, despite the jennings dramas. You have bought some quality players on the cheap and you do have a good coach. I put $100 on you to make the 8.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well the odds seem about right now.

Although thinking about it, losing Jenko is genius. Why waste money on attacking centres when our halves don't get them the ball? Likewise with decent wingers. Can throw a few hookers out wide and they would really boost our dummy half running. Which is all our backs are allowed to do.