What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CRICKET 2004 IS HERE

ak47

Juniors
sounds like a purchase then

i'll rent first, and make up my mind

i just bought NRL & gallop racer - i know its horse racing but if you are a fan of the sport, this is like Grand tursimo, so 2 new games will keep me busy for another month

i wont be really into the depth it offers...5 day test series domestically would just bore me out

just 10 over matches with a mate, and i hope the fielding is more player controlled, and batting alot harder, and bowling alot more diverse with options, instead of yorker, yorker, slow ball, etc etc.

and most importantly if you can hit "x" to speed up play between deliveries, ie i hope it takes 20 secs to bowl one over

Kasper

Bench
Gallop i guess. haha press X to gallop, I could understand how that would be fun. ha i might buy it.

Paullyboy

Coach
ive always wondered what you do in horse racing games too, it almost made me get one once and i very rarely buy games!

EWS

Juniors
I think you train, buy and bet on horses, but I could be wrong. I once got Hooves of Thunder as a bonus for buying Howzat Cricket 99.

ak47

Juniors
you get to be the jockey, the trainer, the breeder and the punter.

you get a jockey liscense - like grand turismo with cars
you go and buy a horse
race it as best as you can in races, and also bet whatever funds you have on either your horse or the cpu horses

everytime you go well go get money to buy better horses.

when they get old you can either sell them or send them to stud to breed and create your own beasty horse
it isnt button bashing either - its the opposite, you need to positoin your horse in the field to where it is suited (front runner, pack runner, or late runner), maintain good stamina for the last 600m (final stretch) which is where you crack open the whip and storm home (button bashing begins here).

you start off in the usa local races, and your goal is to conquer the world of racing and win the big Group 1 races in Japan, UK, France, Hong Kong and USA.

This game was brought out in America 6 or 7 months ago where it was called gallop racer 2003 and it was a great success along with its predesesor gallop racer 2001.Gladly there has been no changes to this version.For newbies there is so much to do ,An in-depth gambling system to allow you to win money by backing your horse to win or to lose .Money won is used to buy better horses horses ,expand your training centre for horses that have been bred using horses you have sent to stud which is also a great aspect of the game.Many special races are recognisable like the 1000 guineas or the derby.Overall this is a must-have game to horseracing followers and even to people who are just curious to see what horseracing is all about.

Go rent it - it might be horse racing but its more than you think and if you like horse racing your crazy not to own it

mikeyboy

Juniors
I've got all of the horse racing games released in the UK and there's much more depth to traditional racing games. Racing is tactical, not a case of holding down X. It's as "simple" as pressing up to go faster down to go slower left and right to psoition on track (horses go round bends on their own). The beauty of the game lies in each horse's characteristics. They have traditional speed and stamina ratings so you have to judge the pace but more importantly you need to keep the horse happy, they have preferred racing positions, some like to lead, race them at the back and they'll be unhappy. Sounds crap I admit, but very addictive. G1 Jockey's my favourite, has that elusive "just 1 more go" quality. My most played game ever alongside GTA, Pro Evo soccer and Match Day.

Cricket game sounds sweet though if you've got the patience.

ak47

Juniors
yeah the horse racing games are more like sports managment/career orientated.

by far the game i have played the most is pro evo.

but thats only cause the gallop racer series hasnt been released in australia till this year.

G1 Jockey i liked heaps, but i couldnt go past gallop racer.

would just rather own my horse than negotiate with trainers
and breed, and bet.