What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket 2004

Happy Gilmore

Juniors
I know this might has nothing to do with the NRL game itself, but I recently bought the PC version to the Cricket 2004 game. Its very interesting and got good graphics. But there are a few problems in this game. Sometimes when Im playing they mis-calculate the runs scored, like the number of runs dont up add up properly. Eg. The total team scored 456 runs, there was also 14 sundries. But really it shouldve added up to 480 runs, so the game doesnt count sundries for some reason. :?

Another thing, it sometimes freezes on me whenever I play. This is becoming really frustrating for me, either there's something I need to install or theres too much space on my PC.

Also when I play a test match, its not like a real test match. Im allowed to change players around in the original squad picked before the test match. I pick the 11 players I want and bat first, then when I bat in the second innings Im left with the 11 players that were originally named before I wanted to my squad. Thats a problem. Also when my teams being bowled out, the last remaining batsman never says NOT OUT, sometimes it says caught or run out. Which means to them all batsmen were dismissed. :?

Also the "super shot" button hardly ever works, Im lucky to hit a six in this game.

There are seriously quite a few problems in this game, in which I thought it was going to be quite good. But Im a little disappointed in it.

Anyways thats just my point of view, everyone else's is probably fine.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Happy Gilmore said:
the runs scored, like the number of runs dont up add up properly. Eg. The total team scored 456 runs, there was also 14 sundries. But really it shouldve added up to 480 runs, so the game doesnt count sundries for some reason. :?

480 - 456 = 24. You said there was 14 sundries, where is the other 10 runs? :?

Happy Gilmore

Juniors
pepstar87 said:
Happy Gilmore said:
the runs scored, like the number of runs dont up add up properly. Eg. The total team scored 456 runs, there was also 14 sundries. But really it shouldve added up to 480 runs, so the game doesnt count sundries for some reason. :?

No wonder I failed in Maths :oops:

I meant 470. But still they sometimes miscalculate.

Look I think its a good game, but its just the little things in the game that are the problems.

Goleel

Juniors
Its one of the most boring games I've ever played, and that confidence in batting system is useless, gee, flick off the pads, six, six, six, what a surprise. Then the AI just belts you around, regardless of confidence and ability of the batsmen, but hey, play a test match, and suddenly they lose their ability to hit the damn ball.

The game is tripe, and if you are enjoying it, you really should go out and play a good sports game, Madden, Pro Evo, ESPN NFL, because you'll be absolutely blown away by them compared to the HB Studios garbage.

Happy Gilmore

Juniors
But thats the problem with it, I cant hit a six consecutively let alone hit a four. The supershot button is no good, when I try it the batsman would just play a normal shot, nothing else.

Jonotallica

Juniors
I havent played it, but it wouldnt surprise me that its so bad. The best cricket game imo was Codemaster's Shane Warne's Cricket on PC.

tUp

----
Look I think its a good game, but its just the little things in the game that are the problems
same with all games, its the little details that fug it up

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
its better 2 try and hit 4s than 6s because if u time it juuuust wrong and the ball stops just before the rope u can run for 20!

lets not forget the lineup error.........shiver

inertia666

Juniors
graeme gooches test match cricket on the BBC micro was the only cricket game I could get into.

If anyone remembers Graeme Gooch.....or BBC Micros for that matter :lol:

nöyd

Staff member
KimmorleyKiller said:
lets not forget the lineup error.........shiver

There is a patch that rectifies the lineup bug on the site I mentioned above.

For those that don't know, the lineup bug is up there with EA Sports/HB Studios All Time Greatest Balls-Up's - you select your own team for Cricket 2004 and play a few overs. You save your game to continue at a later time. When you reload the game to keep playing, good ol' EA/HB makes it so the game goes back to the DEFAULT lineups as selected by the computer. So if you play a full innings as Australia and you bat, you might have Lee, Gillespie, Kasprowicz and Hogg as your 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11. All of a sudden when it's your turn to bowl you'll have McGrath, MacGill, Bichel and god knows who else bowling for you. It's almost like playing 22 players against 11.

Well done EA and HB, one of your best... :clap: :clap: #-o :roll: :roll:

Jonotallica

Juniors
inertia666 said:
graeme gooches test match cricket on the BBC micro was the only cricket game I could get into.

If anyone remembers Graeme Gooch.....or BBC Micros for that matter :lol:
Wasn't the Australian version of that game called Allan Borders cricket? It wasn't too bad that one.. for a dos game.

9119.jpg

inertia666

Juniors
no no, this was way before DOS :lol: came out in mid-late 80's i think. 8 bit computers on 2mhz or something.

Front-Rower

First Grade
pepstar87 said:
Happy Gilmore said:

In cricket sundries are included in the score as the game progresses, they are not added at the end of the innings. So therefore if you are saying that the total for each individual batsmen was 456 then it is a bug.

If the total scores for each batsmen however added up to 442 then there is no bug.

EWS

Juniors
The lineup error only occurs if you save the game and then reload it, so just dont do this.

I dotn know whats wrong with your power shot button, but I dont use it anyway, becuase its far too easy.

As for Goeel, I have played all the games you mentioned at different times, but I still prefer Cricket 2004. Quite a bit actually. But thats becuase I like cricket, and its the only current cricket game out. Regardless of how crappy it is comapred to waht it could be, its still cricket, which makes it better to em than any basketball or gridion game that anyone could ever make.

scubbasteve89

Juniors
thanks for this forum guys. i woz gunna buy the cricket 2004 game the otha day, lucky i read this. i think ill wait for cricket 2005.

cricket 2002 was good......i think even better than swc99, but ea have obviously gone backwards.

ive got a question as well...one big drawcard to the 2004 game was the pura cup and ing cup and county cricket. can any1 tell me if this is anygood ?

The pura cup and ING cup was quite good, but the major problem for me was the gameplay. With the confidence level (the higher it is the easier it is to hit boundaries) it goes down if you hit a single. How is hitting a single a disadvantage! Plus it gets really repetitive after awhile. Much like Rugby 2004 *sigh*

Latest posts