What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cricket 2005

knights 2004

Juniors
can someone give me some batting help on this game.
i suck at batting so much. sometimes off the 10 over games i get about 30, sometimes i get out for 5, i cant seem to time the shots properly. any tips?

Radman

Juniors
If you haven't got Ricky Pontings Cricket...GET IT!, it is sooooooooooooooo much better than EA Cricket 2005. EAs game isn't bad but the batting really lets it down in my opinion. I couldn't figure it out and am glad I rented it first. RPIC is just so much better in every area of gameplay, it's more arcadey but it's heaps more fun espescially when batting. So if you haven't allready, give it a crack, try renting it and see what you think, I'm sure you'll like it as much as I do.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If you wanna save money, keep it and get used to it, if he keep playing shots even blocking it than the confidence button will go up and you'll be able to hit fours/sixes.

It took me a while to get used to it, but now im scoring 4s and 6s easy.

knights 2004

Juniors
yeah, i have hit 90 once (10 over game), then the next game against same friend i got out for 5. i played a friends ricky ponting for a while and didnt like it, i hit 3 sixes and a 4 off the first over i faced. too easy. i like the way in 2005 you have to get good at batting, its a skill you have to master. and the players heads were too big in RPC

warrior123

Juniors
Radman said:
If you haven't got Ricky Pontings Cricket...GET IT!, it is sooooooooooooooo much better than EA Cricket 2005. EAs game isn't bad but the batting really lets it down in my opinion. I couldn't figure it out and am glad I rented it first. RPIC is just so much better in every area of gameplay, it's more arcadey but it's heaps more fun espescially when batting. So if you haven't allready, give it a crack, try renting it and see what you think, I'm sure you'll like it as much as I do.

ricky pontings to arcady, i hit 4 sixes in a row.

as for batting tips. dont play big strokes straight away, slowly work the batters confidence up by getting ones and twos. i find the batting hard as well.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Easiest way to learn how to bat in Cricket 2005 is to play a Test Match.

Autoplay when you bowl and just bat. You'll be surprised actually how much you can learn from playing in a test.

Another tip especially with left handed batsmen, play the lofted On drive in one dayers. Guarntees you a lot of runs while field restrictions are in place.

Tom Shines

First Grade
I find the best shot, especially in Tests, is the charging swipe across the line (Right + O). For any delivery on an awkward, halfway length, playing that one is much easier, and goes through the usually vacant square leg.

Moffo

Referee
play fine off your pads a lot as well if its a bouncy pitch. so many easy runs if you get your timing

Tom Shines

First Grade
The hip glance (Right + /\) is also tops, especially when the have a ring field. Most shots will go finer than fine leg.

warrior123

Juniors
hitting 1 or 2 boundries early in the innings gives the batter a lot of confidence. even if they are'nt huge shoots it gets the innings going and builds momentum.

Utey

Coach
I was just about to ask the same question. The batting is tough to master! RPIC is to much like an arcade. I scored 113 off 10.

Thomas

First Grade
I got it out yesterday and was bowled out for 8 by Canada (WTF)

Still struggling to get a respectable score but am getting there.....

JoeD

First Grade
anything on a fullish length (but not too full) middle and leg can be lofted over midwicket using the powershot, front foot and leg side.

Thomas

First Grade
My timing is sh*thouse.......

And I keep getting run out....the fielders tend to break a couple of laws of physics....

Thomas

First Grade
Ahhh I've started to use the running assistance mode...that helps a lot. Was a bit perturbed to see a fielder break through the speed of sound to stop my cover drive.

I played the United States last night and made a solid 183, and Gilly made 75. I used the power shot early on and Gilly got his 50 off 17 balls. I started getting a bit frustrated though when nearly every shot went straight to a fielder....do they let any through????

Anyway, went into bowl and the USA won convincingly getting to 184/4...great, and thats on easy mode.