What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cricket 2005

salivor

First Grade
I've got Ricky Ponting cricket and you really have to play it on Test mode to get a proper challenge but thats the beauty that you have the option to put it down to slog mode and have some fun hitting boundaries, with EA I was still getting cleaned up with ease on easy mode.

I know a few people have mentioned fielding. It really needs to be worked on in both games. Theres never any misfields or any real ability to be able to hit a ball through a tight gap between fielders which are all common occurances in cricket. Not to mention how every cricketer in Ricky Pontings cricket seems to judge every catch to around their ankles or a metre above their head.

Paullyboy

Coach
You find ricky ponting cricket hard? Really thats strange. I think it would be really hard if they had fixed up the stupid AI running between the wickets. If they ran when they hit the ball into gaps (which they do most balls) instead of standing there dot ball after dto ball they'd get so many more runs and make the game so much harder.

Irritates me no end.

salivor

First Grade
No not strange at all really, not everybody is a natural gamer and games like EA put people like me who just want to pick up a game and have fun without having to put in the hours. I do think that Test mode can provide a challenge. Certainly not as easy to rack up the boundaries you can on every other level.

Tom Shines

First Grade
The manual fielding mode in EA is sh*t... Why isn't the camera BEHIND the fielder, so we can actually see the ball?

nöyd

Staff member
Choppies said:
And let us hope it is not as sh*t as cricket 2005.

It's alright (Cricket 05 that is) with an AI patch or 4, on PC of course.