What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket score at the Cricket ground

SET2JT

Juniors
In 2010 we had
Gasnier, Cooper, Boyd, Morris, Weyman, Smith, Costigan, Merrin and Bennett to name a few who could turn it around.

In 2016 we have
Over to you to fill in the blanks
Packer, Dugan, Benji, Widdop, Frizzell, Thompson. I bet half this forum was slitting their wrists afterthat bunnies game.

SET2JT

Juniors
It's not like the Sharks broke our line left right and center. Our defense is still good. Line speed and hitting hard has been great. In this comp all we have to do is win 3 in a row and we will be up there. Have faith!

SET2JT

Juniors
Look old timer, The game has changed since the 60s where we could win the comp every year for 11 straight years. Its so hard to win it 2 times in 5 years theses days. You need to be a realist. I'm happy with my team to compete every week and make the Finals at the end of the year. I still think we will make the 8 unless we get smashed by injuries.
These days teams have cheated to win comps and still can't win every year. One team in particular took performance enhancing drugs and came last. This is a main issue for me as performance enhancing drugs stay in your system for over 2 years, but these guys were suspended for 1 month.
Also no testing could prove peptides in your system so whoes to say that thay are clean now.

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Well its Tuesday and I am still annoyed.
What the hell is going on with this team??

Put Widdop at Full Back give him space to perform.
Mann on the bench let him come on and perform in a variety of positions.
Nightingale gone.
Benji 5/8
Halfback we need a schemer Havalli? an urgent snappy schemer.
Centers Aitken and P Mata at this stage.
Wingers Anyone who is fast anyone.
And Mcgregor read the bloody Riot act.

FlameThrower

Bench
Well its Tuesday and I am still annoyed.
What the hell is going on with this team??

Put Widdop at Full Back give him space to perform.
Mann on the bench let him come on and perform in a variety of positions.
Nightingale gone.
Benji 5/8
Halfback we need a schemer Havalli? an urgent snappy schemer.
Centers Aitken and P Mata at this stage.
Wingers Anyone who is fast anyone.
And Mcgregor read the bloody Riot act.

I second that....but I posted elsewhere,that Ch9 showed our guys mucking around at some GoCart track. That will put the fear in God about performances and being dropped! Could not believe what I was seeing..

giboz71

First Grade
May very well be the final chance for the current backline.

I expect a bounce back game, much like last year against the Raiders. Wouldn't surprise me if we came away with a win.

Put it this way, if we don't at least put up a decent performance and given our draw the next few weeks, our season could very well be over very quickly if we don't turn it around this week.

Old Timer

Coach
Look old timer, The game has changed since the 60s where we could win the comp every year for 11 straight years. Its so hard to win it 2 times in 5 years theses days. You need to be a realist. I'm happy with my team to compete every week and make the Finals at the end of the year. I still think we will make the 8 unless we get smashed by injuries.
These days teams have cheated to win comps and still can't win every year. One team in particular took performance enhancing drugs and came last. This is a main issue for me as performance enhancing drugs stay in your system for over 2 years, but these guys were suspended for 1 month.
Also no testing could prove peptides in your system so whoes to say that thay are clean now.

Not sure of the relevancy of the above to our previous posts.

I am just saying that the cattle we had in 2010 is significantly better than what we have today.

Therefore a hammering by Souths in 2010 was actually turned around without being a real surprise and of course we won the comp.

The 2016 Dragons are going to cop a fair few floggings and will have trouble flogging anyone unless everyone else has a lot of injuries.

In my best Paul Keating voice I will state this is the loss we had to have.

Watch us bounce back and beat the Rabbits. Go us.
yeah duck I agree this is a game to win we have a pretty good record without Dugan anyway I believe!would like to see Lafai(he's got pace)to the wing aitken to center and matautia to fullback havilli to starting hooker and rein to bench oh and put a rocket up gareth and Benji!

Quack!

matPORTS

Juniors
I don't believe we are going to see wholesale changes to the squad for this match, or any time soon for that matter. But a couple of small changes may just make a difference.

Aitken is going to come back in and pretty much make the number 3 jersey & right centre position his own. He will be one of the stand out players in the team win, lose or draw over the next few games. Provided he stays fit, I'm pretty confident that it will be nigh impossible for Mary to drop him.

Mann will retain the 1 jersey for as long as Dugan is out (unless his performance this week is so bad that it forces Mary to bring in Quinlan or Dufty). But he is now the player under the most pressure. Whether this has a positive or negative affect on him remains to be seen.

Nightingale back to his preferred right wing position. Mata'utia left wing.

Our forwards rotation during the game definitely needs some polish, including giving Havilli some more minutes.

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
SET - love your optimism but you are defending a disgusting performance.

I am not doom and gloom but I am calling the game against the Sharks as it is - we were soft little marshmallows. I have watched plenty of football and one or two good hits does not make a tough team performance.

We need to get tough and have a siege mentality. old timer is correct - we need to punch above our weight to make a difference. We can do it.

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Good, I was wrong.
Lets hope it rains for the rest of the year!!
Speaking of Rain Rein MOM for me nonstop in defence and organising.
Mention to Lafai ...finally.