What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crocker to fly into eye of Storm after Origin

Routy21

Juniors
Queensland second-rower Michael Crocker will head for Melbourne three days after State of Origin II in a clear indication the Storm are favourites to get his signature for next season.

Crocker's manager, Jim Banaghan, said last night that as soon as Crocker completed commitments with the Maroons and his club, the Sydney Roosters, the player would assess the Storm's training facilities and talk to the club's officials.

It recently emerged that Crocker - although he is contracted to the Roosters until the end of next season - had a clause in his contract allowing him to negotiate a deal with another club and leave the Roosters at the end of this season if he wished.

The Roosters cannot increase Crocker's pay and, as it is understood he is being paid less than what his representative status should now command, he was keen to look around.

"Mick has got the Origin game on Wednesday and a game for the Roosters two nights later and on the Saturday he'll be going to Melbourne," Banaghan said.

"He told me at the start of all of this that there were several clubs he would be very interested in playing for and Melbourne was one of those clubs, so I rang [Storm general manager] Peter O'Sullivan and told him.

"Naturally, they were interested as well. Mick's parents live in Melbourne and he is good friends with [Storm hooker] Cameron Smith.

"After the news got out that Mick was available I've had about 10 clubs contact me about him and I'm going to get all the information together and present it to Mick after the Origin game. Then he'll tell me which clubs he is serious about, so we're not wasting anyone's time, and we'll talk to those clubs. But Melbourne will definitely be one of the clubs in the running."

The Roosters have not given up on trying to keep Crocker, but the club's chance seems remote.

GREAT NEWS FOR STORM FANS!!

RainMan

Juniors
Southern Rooster said:
And for Roosters fans too. Don't be surprised if he ends up south but not as far south as Melbourne.

Another promising career lost thanks to South Sydney.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
would be very handy in the melb forward pack that lost some big names at the end of last season and looks like losing robbie kearns at the end of 2005

Earl

Coach
I'll take him anyday of the week.

Mick Crocker :arrow: David Kidwell

RainMan said:
Another promising career lost thanks to South Sydney.

Nah a bit further south than that. A bit further than Kogarah but not as far as Illawarra. I cannot give any more clues.

Stormin Norman

Juniors
8. Brett White
9. Cameron Smith
10. Alex Chan
11. David Kidwell
12. Michael Crocker
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Ryan Hoffman
15. Glen Turner
16. Peter Robinson (play as prop)
17. Jamie feeney

not bad wit fwd pack wit looking world class if only kaufusi would play to his potensional could fit nicely in the no. 10 jersey

aqua_duck

Coach
His performance against Manly was truely inept, if that was his on the job interview then no club should offer him a contract period.
He's aggressive but loses contrentration a tad too easily.

m0j0

Bench
Southern Rooster said:
Nah a bit further south than that. A bit further than Kogarah but not as far as Illawarra. I cannot give any more clues.

Dapto?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
How can this Crock of sh*t be above the NRL anti tampering laws.

He may have an escape clause in his contract with the chooks, but surely the NRL's anti tampering laws overide any contact with an NRL club.

Dogs Of War

Coach
NRL anti-tampering laws only apply to players who have not got permission to negotiate with other clubs. Therefore Crocker is well within his rights due to this clause.

m0j0

Bench
From memory, I believe the clause in his contract only entitles him to talk to opposition clubs until the end of June, at which point the clause expires and he is then back to normal (ie no talking to other clubs until end of June next year).

Latest posts