What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croker

Cryptic

Juniors
That's because he nevers get the ball otherwise... Campese can setup his centre (as he plays on the side of the field most of the time that's usually Croker). The last few weeks every play we do down that side runs out of room so he either doesn't get the ball or he gets it with 2 metres to work with... I honestly think it's about the quality of the entire side letting down some of our star attacking players...

Granted his defence does leave a lot to be desired... But I still don't see why we always put the least experienced players we have around him (Williams, Wighton/Robinson)... Move someone with a bit more experience out there and see if they can help him lift his game defensively at least...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I still think he is a great attacking player. His poor defence is simply overshadowing that.

If he can sort out his defensive reads he will be a terrific player. Trouble is, this is his 4th year in 1st grade and he's still not improving in that area (probably getting worse somehow) which is really disappointing.

The other thing is that he's great at beating the first defender he comes to and if he could just learn to tie them up and offload it to his winger ala Hodges and Gasnier, then he would really trouble teams.

Dont forget this guy you all want ousted is the leading points scorer for the NRL currently. If he has turn to custard this season something needs to be sorted with your defensive structures and a bit of faith would help too. I'll have him at the Warriors we are short on centres and I think the kid needs a good strong leader type coach to bring the best out of him. The players are good what you have just the direction and leadership lacks and I got a soft spot for the Raiders.

Nth-Qld-Raider

Juniors
Might be worth making a change and putting Croker at right centre where he played in the 20's, couldn't hurt anyway, Wighton can go to left centre and Berrigan to hooker.

mongoose

Coach
This guy is the definition of a liability. Having him and Sam Williams on the same side is a pretty dumb move by furner anyway but Croker really has nfi.

mongoose

Coach
Huh? What did he do wrong today?

Manlys second try was due to him not staying on his man. But I just cringe whenever the opposition attacks his side. He wasn't that bad today. The other side was probably worse with Matai making a few breaks.

Cryptic

Juniors
Other side with Ferguson turning his back and giving Manly the final try were certainly worse...

legend

Coach
RR is a fine fullback but is a shite winger. His positional play is woeful. Absolutely pathetic!

sydraider

First Grade
I actually never want to see Berro in the centres again, he had a cracker of a game at dummy half, his best performance yet in the green! I thought croker was a bit better yesterday but yeah agree RR was horrible in his positioning.

Cryptic

Juniors
As I said last year Croker often gets let down by his winger... That game last year against the Knights got him lots of flak but it's because he was CONSTANTLY trying to cover two or more players as Vidot was dropping back on the 4th every time (ignoring the CONSTANT runs down that side on the 4th/5th)... Communication issue maybe but at the end of the day it's not all on Croker... While his position has been consistant his winger has changed more times than Michael Jacksons nose....

skeepe

Immortal
Definitely not sold on Robinson as a winger yet. I think he's earned a couple more cracks at it but if he keeps putting in sub-standard performances, what other options do we have?

Cryptic

Juniors
Wighton did OK there... He goes for the big hits a bit too often (although they usually came off)... I haven't seen the Toyota cup for weeks and never see Mounties games so not sure what's happening down there...

Chee Kam is killing it in U20's as is Edrick Lee. Not sure if they are ready for a call up though.

Mounties have lost their last 4 or 5 in a row.

shear_joy9

Coach
As I said last year Croker often gets let down by his winger... That game last year against the Knights got him lots of flak but it's because he was CONSTANTLY trying to cover two or more players as Vidot was dropping back on the 4th every time (ignoring the CONSTANT runs down that side on the 4th/5th)... Communication issue maybe but at the end of the day it's not all on Croker... While his position has been consistant his winger has changed more times than Michael Jacksons nose....

rubbish.

croker had fine positioning to tackle macdougall on numerous occasions. He as simply brushed aside like a used tissue. He was a deer in headlights everytime a player ran at him.

shear_joy9

Coach
Chee Kam is killing it in U20's as is Edrick Lee. Not sure if they are ready for a call up though.

Mounties have lost their last 4 or 5 in a row.

chee kam is leaving so forget about promoting him. Edrick should be playing for mounties.

drury low or sauiluma could be worth a shot.

chee kam is leaving so forget about promoting him. Edrick should be playing for mounties.

drury low or sauiluma could be worth a shot.

Yeah I know and I wouldnt play him either for that reason.

I havent heard much about Low this year , always liked him but he has gone quiet

Walt Flanigan

Referee
rubbish.

croker had fine positioning to tackle macdougall on numerous occasions. He as simply brushed aside like a used tissue. He was a deer in headlights everytime a player ran at him.

IIRC he was playing with the Flu.

Shouldn't have been on the field.

Latest posts