What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla V Newcastle match... an annoyance.

Helen

Juniors
I was disappointed to see only the Australian National Anthem sung.

We are celebrating ANZAC day which stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.

We have many New Zealanders in the league and many turn up to watch the games. It was disappointing to say the least.

Got that of my chest.. feel somewhat better.

cleary89

Coach
I wanted to see the USA national anthem sung.

Obv neither team is from USA, but still....

TheDalek079

Bench
That was last night. Last night was not ANZAC Day.

And there were more than just aussies and kiwis at Gallipoli. Do you want the other anthems played too?

Engine

Juniors
The reition of the anthem last night was the worst one I've ever heard. It sounded like an audition for "Australian Idol".

all ears

Juniors
what has amazed me is that the australian national anthem was not sung either. the words were correct (mostly) but to a made up tune. no one could sing along, if you noticed the crowd was silent through out.
What on earth were they thinking. they had war heros with chest covered medals distrispected like that. very angry and embarrassed.

all ears

Juniors
i'll bet she didn't even know the real tune. adam hills(spicks and specks) did a better version to the tune of working class man

Didgi

:lol: Adam Hills is a funny funny man. The anthem last night was shocking.

Helen

Juniors
That was last night. Last night was not ANZAC Day.

And there were more than just aussies and kiwis at Gallipoli. Do you want the other anthems played too?

Yeah that is why we have Rememberance Day. You know the 11 hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. Anzac Remembers Australians AND New Zealanders.

Lest we forget indeed. They forgot a whole country.

Helen

Juniors
OP

Last I looked both teams were from AUS-TRA-LIA

Get over yourself

Soooooooooo.. We forget what half of the name ANZAC stands for.

It should not matter what country the game was played in. I would be just as annoyed if the game were in New Zealand and they only played/sung their anthem.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yet this morning at the service I was at on an Australian military base they only played the Australian anthem. Should they too have played God defend NZ?

Your arguement is stupid

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yeah that is why we have Rememberance Day. You know the 11 hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. Anzac Remembers Australians AND New Zealanders.

Lest we forget indeed. They forgot a whole country.

Wake up to yourself you dill, for starters it was the 24th of April at 7:30 last night, dawn this morning they play "The Last Post" in honour of our fallen soldiers, ffs how old are you??

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fantastic rendition today at the SFS, a military person sung it and did it properly. Only place I think it's really 100% necessary to sing the NZ anthem would be at the Melb/NZ game.

Latest posts