What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla's $600,000 signing Karl Filiga quits club

parraeelz

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25378564-5006066,00.html

just reading this story and i've heard of this filiga before and he's known to be a very good attacking forward and even been tagged as the next sonny bill by some
i dont know but i think the eels could use sumone like him
any chance of us signing him u guys reckon with the free cap?
my mate also plays league down in belmore and trains alot alongside with the dogs team (not with them) and he mentioned this bloke to me a yr ago telling me all the snr players and coaches had very high expectations of him and sayin he would be better than sonny bill
hopefully we try n get him

Gronk

Staff member
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25378564-5006066,00.html

just reading this story and i've heard of this filiga before and he's known to be a very good attacking forward and even been tagged as the next sonny bill by some
my mate also plays league down in belmore and trains alot alongside with the dogs team (not with them) and he mentioned this bloke to me a yr ago telling me all the snr players and coaches had very high expectations of him and sayin he would be better than sonny bill

smiley-faces-28.gif

The Colonel

Immortal
Don't touch him.... the next SBW has done nothing in his time at Cronulla. Spent most of his time injured, refuses to train.....

Big dollar signing with no return at all.

The Colonel

Immortal
Well Fui was once like that

An inspired signing that took around two years to become a success and he certainly didn't come with a price tag as big as this kid. Not sure we have two years to spend on Filiga. He is very much a SBW clone though - spends more time injured or rehabbing than he does on the field. Cronulla actually signed him based on what Stuart had seen of him in SG Ball or Harold Matthews and the year he signed he spent the entire year on the sideline injured as well. With O'Hanlon, Lasalo, Baitieri and Auremi we have some decent young forwards coming through as well.

We need to get away from signing on potential and sign proven players as well.

Last edited:

muznik

Juniors
When i read this on foxsports I just knew this thread would pop up.

Minimum contract at best. He has had injury dramas & attitude problems from all accounts.

planeteels

Juniors
Oh God.. we don't need anymore Toolsqueezers on board our unsettled dinghy...

Walk out on 1 Club mildly understandable.. walk out on 2.. BUH BYE!!!!

eels_

Juniors
he sounds perfect for parras regime... Sign him using all the free money we have left from finch :D

Goleel

Juniors
Give him a go if he'll play for incentives and a minimum contract, with a record like his he wouldn't get any more elsewhere. If I was him I'd find another line of work and be happy I got $400K or so for doing jack all.

He might be worth a punt though, if he responds to Anderson well or decides to get his attitude in order it'd be a real steal. Keeping him after that might cause problems we'd be better off avoiding though.

Rogue.9

Juniors

Maybe they can use the spare money to buy Cayless off us:pray:

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Nope..... but a friend of mine who worked for Cronulla was.
Please, don't believe everything people say, your friend might work for the sharks, but probably doesnt know what ricky or the coaching staff may have said to karl. From what i heard he was being treated like sh*t out at cronulla and never given an opportunity and it doesnt suprise me to, look what kind of people they have working for them, they consider releasing ben ross and getting rid of him while the guy is in a hospital bed with a career threatening injury and they are just worried about how to save money, PIGS. Big money yeah but you got to be happy where your working right

The Colonel

Immortal
Please, don't believe everything people say, your friend might work for the sharks, but probably doesnt know what ricky or the coaching staff may have said to karl. From what i heard he was being treated like sh*t out at cronulla and never given an opportunity and it doesnt suprise me to, look what kind of people they have working for them, they consider releasing ben ross and getting rid of him while the guy is in a hospital bed with a career threatening injury and they are just worried about how to save money, PIGS. Big money yeah but you got to be happy where your working right

So do I believe what you have to say? ;-)

As far as the kid goes there are certainly issues from both sides - he certainly may not have been treated particularly well but he didn't help himself as much as what he could have either. Been quite a few players at a lot of clubs who suffer the same fate. He jumped at the huge dollars and left for the Sharks..... I'm sure he was happy then. ;-)

Latest posts