What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla's $600,000 signing Karl Filiga quits club

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
So do I believe what you have to say? ;-)

As far as the kid goes there are certainly issues from both sides - he certainly may not have been treated particularly well but he didn't help himself as much as what he could have either. Been quite a few players at a lot of clubs who suffer the same fate. He jumped at the huge dollars and left for the Sharks..... I'm sure he was happy then. ;-)
From what i saw in his debut i thought he had something special, he played backrow but was very strong and was hard to stop. Suprised ricky stuart didn't give him a run the week after or early in the season when the sharks were running low on troops.

eel4life

Juniors
maybe ricky wants to get crocker at the club ... they have money free now so anything can happen ...

this kid needs Brian Smith, he got MoiMoi started maybe he can do the same for him ...

The Colonel

Immortal
From what i saw in his debut i thought he had something special, he played backrow but was very strong and was hard to stop. Suprised ricky stuart didn't give him a run the week after or early in the season when the sharks were running low on troops.

Obviously an issue.... I only go off what I know from last year. I did l;ike what I saw but he has had a succession of injuries and going of what I have been told may need a change in attitude. Who knows he could be worth it but we need to be buying proven players rather than potential..... our lower grades are littered with it.

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
So they spend an inordinate amount of money on a player then treat him like that.

That makes sense. :?

Suity
Ricky stuart did not see the kid play, just gave him a big contract. As stupid as that sounds it is exactly what stuart did

El Diablo

Post Whore
maybe ricky wants to get crocker at the club ... they have money free now so anything can happen ...

this kid needs Brian Smith, he got MoiMoi started maybe he can do the same for him ...

according to Massoud we could be after him if he doesn't go to England

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25378803-14823,00.html

Crocker prepared to wait it out

By Josh Massoud | April 24, 2009 12:00am

FURIOUS Eels fans will be relieved to hear the club is keeping a close eye on Michael Crocker's visa situation.

But the blue and gold army shouldn't hold their breath, because Crocker isn't interested in playing NRL at the moment.

He and wife Sally, who married over the summer, still have their hearts firmly set on settling in England, where Crocker has signed a three-year deal with Hull.

But the UK Home Office had other ideas - denying the two-time premiership winner because of an affray offence in 2002. Crocker appealed, yet the process seems to be dragging on interminably.

As the wait for a final verdict grows more frustrating, he continues to train alongside former Melbourne Storm teammates twice a week. Crocker's camp say he is intent on holding out until the Home Office makes up its mind, but how long will it take?

That's the question Souths - and now Parramatta - are asking as the June 30 registration deadline moves closer.

muznik

Juniors
Please, don't believe everything people say, your friend might work for the sharks, but probably doesnt know what ricky or the coaching staff may have said to karl. From what i heard he was being treated like sh*t out at cronulla and never given an opportunity and it doesnt suprise me to, look what kind of people they have working for them, they consider releasing ben ross and getting rid of him while the guy is in a hospital bed with a career threatening injury and they are just worried about how to save money, PIGS. Big money yeah but you got to be happy where your working right

:lol::lol: Too funny !:D

The Colonel

Immortal
If only you knew

I'm only going to assume that your source is close to Karl as opposed to the Sharks. As it is every story has two sides and I'm sure that both will be argued quite differently. As it is we have enough potential.....

Time we paid for proven ability.

ianlovesparra

Juniors
I'm only going to assume that your source is close to Karl as opposed to the Sharks. As it is every story has two sides and I'm sure that both will be argued quite differently. As it is we have enough potential.....

Time we paid for proven ability.
Have to go after crocker

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Killer Sidestep!
Not side stepping anything mate, what colonel said was spot on, i do have a source close to karl and as colonel said people will have 2 different views on it. I agree with that. But i don't want to turn it into a war mate. Time to move on. Go after crocker!

Suitman

Post Whore
Ricky stuart did not see the kid play, just gave him a big contract. As stupid as that sounds it is exactly what stuart did

:? Didn't say that.

Someone claimed they treated him like sh*t.

I find it weird that they would pay so much money, and then quickly make him an outcast. One would think they would try and work with him for as long as possible. The talk on here is only heresay. I was replying to what has been stated.

Suity

Latest posts