What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueandGold

Juniors
The rules of supply and demand suggest that if something sells out in minutes it is underpriced. If more than, lets say 15%, is unsold it is overpriced. It seems the price of origin tickets has been set pretty close to demand.

The fact that 40k for both Suncorp games at premium prices still sold quickly tells me they got the pricing right for 80k QLNDers...................now they will drop prices for the remaining seats with average viewing. I have no problem with it, this is how your price one of the great events in Australia.

Canard

Immortal
Look i do not agree with you very much but on this your actually correct.

SOO made 20million just on ticket sales in 2013, 2014 will be closer to 35-40million just for ticket sales.

This can be put back into rugby league to grow the game we love at grass roots were it counts.

More money for expansion in the future.

Any links to back that sort of sums up, 100% increase seems a bit hard to believe.

The rhetoric when the TV deal was signed was that the game was flush with cash, and that this would be passed onto fans.

Now after only 2 seasons we have 100% increases in tickets?

The impact of this will be felt for years, people aren't going buy tickets in the expensive range next time, because they were duped into thinking there wouldn't be any discounting.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Any links to back that sort of sums up, 100% increase seems a bit hard to believe.

The rhetoric when the TV deal was signed was that the game was flush with cash, and that this would be passed onto fans.

Now after only 2 seasons we have 100% increases in tickets?

The impact of this will be felt for years, people aren't going buy tickets in the expensive range next time, because they were duped into thinking there wouldn't be any discounting.

I Agree, they will not be able to do this again. They are discounting because they know the price hike has gone to far.

Also 2 games at ANZ next year, NSW will not pay those prices no way. NRL will struggle to sell out 1 ANZ game this year let alone 2 at those prices.

Canard

Immortal
Yep it's a 1 trick only pony.

FYI, next year 1 game is in Melbourne, they DEFINITELY won't pay those prices.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Yep it's a 1 trick only pony.

FYI, next year 1 game is in Melbourne, they DEFINITELY won't pay those prices.

So imo they will keep the price hike if there is only 1 game in QLD, NSW. they will sell the Melbourne SOO cheaper as you said.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't get the mentality of Canberrans.

If Gosford had an NRL team I'd be there whenever it didn't clash with a 'Dogs game.

The support has been there in the past - they need to market the shit out of it. Flyers, posters, billboards, something.

Patorick

Staff member
I don't get the mentality of Canberrans.

If Gosford had an NRL team I'd be there whenever it didn't clash with a 'Dogs game.

The support has been there in the past - they need to market the shit out of it. Flyers, posters, billboards, something.
Free tickets to uni students.

Used to happen.

Still might.

oikee

Juniors
that sounds far to proactive for furner.

It's going to make for an ugly look on fta if the crowd is as bad as expected, on a positive note Raiders probably won't be complaining about not getting fta games for a while.

That is a excellent point you bring up.
6 thousand raiders crowd or 30 thousand Broncos crowd, lets do the math.

oikee

Juniors
The fact that 40k for both Suncorp games at premium prices still sold quickly tells me they got the pricing right for 80k QLNDers...................now they will drop prices for the remaining seats with average viewing. I have no problem with it, this is how your price one of the great events in Australia.

Exactly right, it truely is one of Australia's best events, nothing comes close to this experience.
Wait until next year and only one game is available for Queensland, it will be like AFL, a mad chip scramble, a fight over the chips to get a ticket. They should film this and make more money out of it, sell as a AFL game. Fans chasing tickets, just like a game of AFL. hehe

The smart Queenslanders will go straight for the Melbourne tickets.

oikee

Juniors
I Agree, they will not be able to do this again. They are discounting because they know the price hike has gone to far.

Also 2 games at ANZ next year, NSW will not pay those prices no way. NRL will struggle to sell out 1 ANZ game this year let alone 2 at those prices.

It is supply and demand. There wont be 2 games in NSW next year. I thought one was going to Melbourne. And besides, if the code is smart, they will start selling games to other cities for more cash and even NZ if they want a game.
Supply and demand. You make the game scarce for NSW and Queensland, (as i said, Queensland wont see two games for at least 3 years) make it scarce and you improve demand. There is no gaurantee Queensland will get both games in 3 years time, not if the NRL was smart. They should always play a game at a neutral city from now on, and make either a desperate QLD or NSW pay a fortune if they ever want two events in the one year.
(sorry, my marketing head has just been screwed on)
Rugby league is just finding out what in-demand means.
Origin is a prime piece of real estate, it's Sydney right on the harbour. That is prime estate.

oikee

Juniors
QLD get 2 games in 2016, it IS guaranteed. The 5 year cycle was locked in last year.

From the NRL site. ..>>
The Australian Rugby League Commission has announced a five-year schedule that will see ANZ Stadium host two games in the 2013 State of Origin Series with Suncorp Stadium hosting the remaining match.

The five-year cycle will see Queensland and NSW each host two series in which they have two home games.

NSW will host two games in 2013 and 2016, Queensland in 2014 and 2017, with each state hosting one game in 2015.

The remaining game in the 2015 season will be played at a neutral venue. The NRL is currently in discussions with the Victorian Major Events Company about Melbourne hosting this match.

The schedule ensures that from 2010-2017 each state will have hosted one ?two-game-series? in every three years.

oikee

Juniors
So lets not forget, this is 2014. Queensland have two games this year and wont get another two games until 2017.
NSW wont be getting two games until 2016. That is still three series away from today.

So 3 years before Queensland see another two games, and Sydney wont be getting two games next year.

And this is why i said they got the ticket prices spot-on. The supply for tickets for Queensland fans wont be there for another three years, and by then the fans will be frothing at the mouth and watering the daisies wanting tickets to see a game. So it justifies the ticket hike. 3 years without a price hike might be hard to keep as well, i say maybe put them all up another 50%.
500 to 1000 dollars a tickets for 4 people (4 adults, two adults two children) sounds right to me. Save up some piggy bank money over three years so you can attend.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
My mistake on the scheduling. Origin not selling out is a good thing now??

As for the rest, LU just keeps producing them.

Everyone you think there can't be a more mentally unstable nutjob, along comes another one.

BlueandGold

Juniors
You know the Raiders crowd is terrible when the camera crew are doing there best to not show any crowd shots..............AFL does it all the time for GWS and GCS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.