What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd

Ridders

Coach
the atmosphere was great...wasn't it a sell out for that ground...lol the atmosphere there was betta than the atmosphere in SOO1 at Telstra imo

salivor

First Grade
Was it even sold out like it was stated? Everytime they went to the crowd shots there were plenty of empty blocks of seats?

redVgirl

Juniors
salivor said:
Was it even sold out like it was stated? Everytime they went to the crowd shots there were plenty of empty blocks of seats?

yeh i noticed that too. perhaps someone was fudging the figures a bit. im suprised News Ltd didnt go and round up homeless people to fill in the empty seats and prove rugby league is viable in victoria. :roll:

innsaneink

Referee
The game never really seemed to get going for me, and i blame the ground and the crowd.
Same thing happened at carrara a few weeks ago Cowboys and Dogs...that game never got passed 2nd gear.
Stuff Melbourne...give em a test every now and again but stop f**king around with our Origins.

camsmith

Juniors
Whinging NSW supporters lol... i heard Qld are giving us their game in 2009, so stop your bloody whinging.

You will find many people stand around the ground while getting beers etc.. so thats one reason why the seats may be empty. Also on level 2 some rich bastards in the medallion (sp?) club may not have turned up or stayed in their corporate boxes.

I can assure you, i was there and it was packed! More than any AFL game i've been to there.

innsaneink - The crowd started slow, but as it went on and when qld looked close to scoring the crowd got louder and started chanting Queenslander and tried to get in it.

stormman

Juniors
redVgirl said:
yeh i noticed that too. perhaps someone was fudging the figures a bit. im suprised News Ltd didnt go and round up homeless people to fill in the empty seats and prove rugby league is viable in victoria. :roll:

It not upto News Ltd to Fudge up the figure, you pathetic whinging little bitch.

Go back to doing something decent and support a team that can't win A GF for the last 20 odd years.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Stadium looked brilliant and crowd came across as louder than either of the first two games. Considering only the Sydney game didn't sell out I would stage a game in Victoria every other year with a game in perth in between! Gives a great gee up for RL to show that there is interest in the game outside of NSW and Q'land (are you listening Ch9 WA???)

Seems fairer to have the deciding game at a neutral venue anyway then it gives a true reflection of the best team without home ground advantage.

redVgirl

Juniors
stormman said:
It not upto News Ltd to Fudge up the figure, you pathetic whinging little bitch.

Go back to doing something decent and support a team that can't win A GF for the last 20 odd years.

wow, arent you charming. lemme guess...not a big hit with the ladies? :-k

Ice777

Bench
newtownbluebags said:
:lol: how many tickets were freebies???? :lol: :crazy:

It's common knowledge they only do that in Sydney, why would they need to do it here when it was sold out weeks ago? IF they did have to hand out freebies then they only would have done it this week and not weeks ago so they could make as much money as they can.

I was there and i can tell you when the game was in full swing (Not just after the start or just after half time) The only empty seats were about 50 each side of the 2 big screens where there was and impeded view. Otherwise it was chockers. There were alot of empty ones just after half time but as was mentioned that's when everyone was queing for beer and food.

Ask anyone who was there and they'll tell you the same thing, it was sold out and it was packed. If they showed the crowd shots in the middle of the game you would have saw that. We sold it out so get over it, you'd think everyone would be happy with that. Well i think everyone is except for the NSW supporters.

ground record at telstra dome was for some catholic schools mass celebration where every seat was taken and there was seats covering the ground as well

sporting events it was the wallabies vs lions 56,300 i think, last night was about 54,500
biggest ever crowd for an AFL game there is 53,600 for a home and away game that wasn't a reserved ticket game

stormman

Juniors
redVgirl said:
wow, arent you charming. lemme guess...not a big hit with the ladies? :-k

Oh i am a bit hit with the ladies,

I would not "hit"

Have a look at you:

ugly1.jpg

brendothejet

First Grade
Yeah Childishness Aside...

The Game In Melbourne Is Great For The Game.

How Narrowminded Are Some People On These Forums. A Neatural Venue For The Decider Is A Good Idea. Promoting The Game In The Rest Of Australia Is A Brilliant Idea.

The Ground Record (qallabies) 54,866

We Were 40 Shy.

If You Guys Dont Wake Up And Realise The Importance Of Expanding Our Horizons You Will Be Watching Saints Run Around The Local A Grade Comp In 30 Years Time.

redVgirl

Juniors
i have no problem with expanding the game throughout the nation. i made an offhand tongue in cheek remark about fudging figures...people are over reacting.

oh and stormman....making fun of disabled people does not equal wit. get a life.

Latest posts