What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd

Dragonboyd

Juniors
Come on... just... come on. 10500? What an absolute JOKE. Regardless of the weather, this was Saints going against a BIG side and it was a BIG game. Didn't expect much better from the Illawarra but that's about 500% weaker than even my low predictions anticipated. In the future bring these games to Kogarah on a Friday night, no doubt.

FlameThrower

Bench
15000 at SFS with 2 quality supposedly top 4 sides and Grand Final replay...good game to watch, geez Manly play a tough no nonsense game of League. Great to watch. And defence from both sides was incredible.

Dragonboyd

Juniors
15000 at SFS with 2 quality supposedly top 4 sides and Grand Final replay...good game to watch, geez Manly play a tough no nonsense game of League. Great to watch. And defence from both sides was incredible.

Manly and Rorters both have pathetic fan bases, wasn't expecting anything better from that game.

Twenty10

Juniors
Disgrace. Wollongong disgrace.
No explanation for it other than a disgrace. Hang heads in shame gong.
That's a f**ken pathetic effort

Dragonboyd

Juniors
Disgrace. Wollongong disgrace.
No explanation for it other than a disgrace. Hang heads in shame gong.
That's a f**ken pathetic effort

Makes me want to excuse the shithouse performance, must've been heart-breaking to be playing for the proudest club that gets 10000 on a friday night.

Twenty10

Juniors
Makes me want to excuse the shithouse performance, must've been heart-breaking to be playing for the proudest club that gets 10000 on a friday night.

We shouldn't be playing at WIN. That's just so disappointing. We won 3 in a row... Friday night. And 10,000 people turn up. Dear O dear. Embarrassing

gypsy

Bench
Disgraceful crowd. To think people are complaining about lack of games at Win and Kogarah...
Try turning up you merkins!

saint.nick

Coach

Let's not digress mate

Absolutely right alex. Friday night. Not a school night. Off the back of 3 wins..and I was laughing at the roosters' crowd...

Dragonboyd

Juniors
If people are so passionate about our real home grounds, why don't they f**king turn up then?

Never like dissing any of the Illawarra crew because I've met some great supporters from there and I'm sure the good ones turned up... but f**k, when it comes to passion and loyalty and crowd numbers, bring all the games to Kogarah already.

Last edited:

DragonBuck

Juniors
If people are so passionate about our real home grounds, why don't they f**king turn up then?

Because they were playing a Qld team that has f&^k all fans in the area.... What sort of crowd would you have expected in Kogarah? I'd imagine it would have been pretty similar all things considered but would be brushed off with the old "we were playing an out of town team".

Aside from that....
Many here in the 'gong can't afford to. That simple...Unemployment is rising rapidly, ticket prices are ridiculous, food/drink prices are ridiculous. Despite winning 3 in a row the team over the last 2 years has been terrible. When things get tight hard decisions need to be made about where money goes.
There is also still a lot of people in the area that still struggle to identify with the team. Where was the red strip tonight?

Cue the St George die hards with their anti Illawarra BS

Dragonboyd

Juniors
Because they were playing a Qld team that has f&^k all fans in the area.... What sort of crowd would you have expected in Kogarah? I'd imagine it would have been pretty similar all things considered but would be brushed off with the old "we were playing an out of town team".

Aside from that....
Many here in the 'gong can't afford to. That simple...Unemployment is rising rapidly, ticket prices are ridiculous, food/drink prices are ridiculous. Despite winning 3 in a row the team over the last 2 years has been terrible. When things get tight hard decisions need to be made about where money goes.
There is also still a lot of people in the area that still struggle to identify with the team. Where was the red strip tonight?

Cue the St George die hards with their anti Illawarra BS

If you can assure me that the prices are keeping people away then sure, but I wouldn't really believe that. There's no anti Illawarra stuff here, just pointing out fair observations about a weak crowd that DEFINITELY would have been much bigger in Kogarah.

DragonBuck

Juniors
Why is that so hard to believe??? Wages and salaries are no where near what they are in Sydney and since Bluescope had their major down turn 2-3yrs ago things have been getting progressively worse.

Dragonboyd

Juniors
Why is that so hard to believe??? Wages and salaries are no where near what they are in Sydney and since Bluescope had their major down turn 2-3yrs ago things have been getting progressively worse.

Everyone has their problems but if you don't eat there, suburban games aren't the most expensive things in the world, especially considering there are only 4 down there.

Highland Saint

Juniors
Gotta say that it looked a way bigger crowd at the game and was massively surprised when they announced the attendance. The disappointing part for me is that the crowd was so quiet except after goals or bad ref calls. The rest of the time it still feels like the crowds waiting to see if its worth putting their hearts on the line and cheering

DragonBuck

Juniors
Ok, I don't expect you to understand if you're not from the area.
We are talking disposable income. Take a family with two boys that play junior rugby league as an example. At this time of year the parents would have just forked out approx. $100 rego, $80 boots(ours were actually $120), mouth guard, and possibly shorts and socks on top, for EACH child. Heaven forbid they have a girl who plays netball.
Something has to give... A family pass to the footy at WIN starts at $50. Given the weather of late, not too many families are going to opt to sit on the hill so a sheltered family pass in either the southern or northern stand is $95.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is the only reason why the crowd was poor tonight but it is certainly a contributing factor.

love my saints

Juniors
But seriously poor effort... wont go as far as to say it wouldv definetely been bigger at kogarah but very poor effort considering we were unbeaten. 15-16k minimum should have been at the game.

Latest posts