What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowds RD 3

ParraMatt

Bench
Quite dissapointed that the eels couldnt get more then 15,050, I was there and thought that it was pretty packed but we are used to get close to packing this stadium out.

miccle

Bench
Congrats to all of those people who went to the Tigers/Broncos match. 13,000 is a pretty damn good result, considering it was against the broncos and after you guys were beaten by souths. I was predicting 10-11K but you all proved me wrong :) Excellent!

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
syphon said:
The storm, once again, are at the rear end of the crowds list.

Despite winning a premiership in just their second year, they have failed to capture the interest of the melbourne public, coming last in crowd averages just 3 years after winning the comp and they have remained there ever since. (infact the gap is widening).

I wonder how much longer they will continue to bleed financially, particularly with Ribot gone?

I think you will see the figures start to increase. Considering that the AFL season started this weekend and we had 34c many people either stayed home or went to the beach. In fact ground numbers for the AFL were down yesterday as well. 19,500 for the game at the MCG at the same time has the Storm game.

Considering how we played and the stuff that went on from 2000 - 2002 the ground numbers haven't been that bad with little to no coverage.

Yesterday was a freak day weather wise in Melbourne and all sports felt it in crowd figures.

The coverage in both papers down here today is good and considering The Age only has a small article they have give Storm a 1/4 page today.

Latest posts