What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowe's tweet sparks warfare

SDM

First Grade
Becasue like you and me, the players need financial security, make fringe players wait until October and they will sign on for the Warratards or something.

84 Baby

Referee
Not condoning Crowe or Richardson here as they did have a bit of a man tanty about the whole situation but wouldn’t any club be upset if one of their up and coming future players decides to leave the club.

In saying that yes they did decide to re-sign others in front of Sandow so kind of starting digging their own grave there, but why does the NRL not have more strict rules in play like say similar to the NBA or NHL where players can not be resigned or negotiated with by another club until the season is over as it could only change the atmosphere around the club losing that player/s
The culture around American sports is vastly different, especially in the media. Our unscrupulous dealings shadow their unscrupulous dealings. Like the June 30 deadline previously deadlines aren't going to stop clubs talking to players and rumours in the papers. Plus the money value is nowhere near the same and we don't have trading policies

The Omen

Juniors
Becasue like you and me, the players need financial security, make fringe players wait until October and they will sign on for the Warratards or something.

totally agree that we all want financial stability but i think maybe after the mid way point would be a better option for contract negotiations