What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crusaders Leave SuperLeague

langpark

First Grade
They're going to have to give tickets away, otherwise the games will look a complete joke in a fifth full stadium.
I think you're being way too pessimistic. We're already at about 1/5 capacity (18,000), so you're saying no more tickets will be sold between now and November!? I think the Aussie/NZ fans alone will number over 10,000.

I'm very confident this match will get over 50,000...

Teddyboy

First Grade
They're going to have to give tickets away, otherwise the games will look a complete joke in a fifth full stadium.

I can't say for a fact but I have family in the business sector down South and they're forever getting free games for Rugby and League. If they do give out tickets(which i suspect they will), I'll let you know.

If anyone is in Britain I could probably get you free tickets, actually. My Uncle gets free tickets for all the Rugby games, including season tickets for London Irish, Wasps etc. Him and his friends and their businesses have been given free League tickets in the past, I see no reason why they won't be given them again.

Not to say you're wrong because £10 is good value and if promoted right there's no reason why the stadium couldn't sell out, but the day I trust the RFL to promote League right is the day I lay down infront of a moving train! It will all depend really on pre-sales and marketing. If pre-tickets sales don't hit a set-quota you usually see tickets given out to the business community, free of charge.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, building relations and all that. But it happens more than most people think.

Don't be fooled by attendance in the South of England, none of the statistics are worth the paper they're printed on. The Yawnion games at Twickenham are a good 30% FREE tickets, given to the prawn-sandwich brigade.

But even if tickets aren't given out, there is no need to get carried away. League fans in Britain have a tendancy to see progress where it doesn't exist. If Wembley happened to sell out you could bet your bottom dollar that most there would be Northerners and Aussie expats. It's really quite rare to travel down South and see actual Southern league fans.

Basketball and the NFL are more popular in London. Camel racing too with the large middle eastern population :sarcasm:

The real Londoners have moved out to Essex and Kent.

Latest posts