What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS for this week?

dragon-83

Juniors
1 Dugan
2 Nabuli
3 Aitkin
4 Farrell
5 Nightingale
6 Widdop
7 Marshall
8 Creagh
9 Le strange
10 Cooper
11 Frizzell
12 Thompson
13 Merrin
14 Obrien
15 Rose
16 Matthews
17 Crook

Mr Red

First Grade
what i read into this:
1. nabuli gets first crack at replacing Morris
2. Nielsen has a centre place already, the others battling to be his partner
3. LeStrange could get first crack at hooker with a big performance. rein not guaranteed a starting place.
4. i think the starting forward pack is near settled (bar hooker) although it seems many bench spots still up for grabs.

Dragon66

Juniors
Speculation. Let me add to it.

1. Dugan
2. Nabuli
3. Aitken
4. Nielsen
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. O'Brian
9. Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creach
12. Thompson
13. DeBelin

14. Rose
15. Nutira
16. Cooper
17. L'Estrange

Other Bench Players: AhMau, Frizell, Matthews, Hutchinson, Farrell, Mata-Utia

We need to know how our big men compete with South's big men. If they don't its going to be a long season. There will be some exceptional forward packs running around this season and we have to at least hold our own in the trenches to be any more than nuisance value during the year.

Mr Red

First Grade

1. Dugan
2. Nabuli
3. Aitken
4. Nielsen
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. O'Brian
9. Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creach
12. Thompson
13. DeBelin

14. Rose
15. Nutira
16. Cooper
17. L'Estrange

We need to know how our big men compete with South's big men. If they don't its going to be a long season. There will be some exceptional forward packs running around this season and we have to at least hold our own in the trenches to be any more than nuisance value during the year.

"We need to know how our big men compete with South's big men."
This.
although only preseason its a good gauge to see where our big men are at in comparison to one of the best forward packs in the comp

Hutty1986

Immortal

1. Dugan
2. Nabuli
3. Aitken
4. Nielsen
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. O'Brian
9. Rein
10. Merrin
11. Creach
12. Thompson
13. DeBelin

14. Rose
15. Nutira
16. Cooper
17. L'Estrange

Yep definitely. Have a bad feeling they'll steamroll us and win by 30.

nrlnrl

First Grade
There was part of an interview with Paul McGregor shown during the 9's coverage & he basically said to expect an extended squad with more than the usual amount of shared playing time. This is because it's not their last trial before the comp starts ( as is usually the case ).

dragon4

Juniors
My wish.........

1. Dugan
2. Nabuli
3. Aitken
4. Nielsen
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. Creagh
9. Rein
10. Merrin
11. Frizzel
12. Thompson
13. DeBelin

14. Rose
15. Nutira
16. Cooper
17. L'Estrange

Other Bench Players: AhMau, Matthews, Hutchinson, Farrell, Mata-Utia

Mr Red

First Grade
i know i will get a lot of negative feedback, however being brutally honest i would like to see Creagh start on the bench and have more size up front for the initial forward confrontation.
if the bigger forwards can dominate early smaller forwards like creagh can get a roll on.
Creagh doesnt have the size or intimidation factor to set the early platform in matches for the team to build on.

Cagey Mac

Bench
See what you've done!
EndocrineNegativeFeedback.gif

Rob Dragon

Juniors
The recruitment team rightly identified that the lack of size in our front row was killing us last year and accordingly they have gone out and purchased some big boppers. Why on earth would we then look to play a 30 year old back-rower (Ben Creagh) as a prop? He still offers terrific value playing in the second row and one spot wider in attack and defence. If we play Ben in the front row we are going to get slaughtered (again).

A backrow of Creagh, Thompson, De-Belin and Frizzle offers terrific value and mobility. The front row is the domain of Merrin, O'Brien, Nutira, Rose, Cooper and Wakeman. They don't have to dominate but they have to break even. If we get parity in the front row and can play the ball going forward then we have the ball players and backs to cause damage.

BennyV

Referee
i know i will get a lot of negative feedback, however being brutally honest i would like to see Creagh start on the bench and have more size up front for the initial forward confrontation.
if the bigger forwards can dominate early smaller forwards like creagh can get a roll on.
Creagh doesnt have the size or intimidation factor to set the early platform in matches for the team to build on.

If we had some proven big men, there MAY be merit in this. But we dont. Realistically, Creagh is a better prop than the rest of them despute his size. He is a better defender, harder runner, pokes his nose through and gets quicker play the balls and is fit as anything...

Did noone watch him play prop last year?! Our issue wasnt the initial hit out, it was the period after 25 mins when our poor bench forwards came on.

rainman44

Bench
If we had some proven big men, there MAY be merit in this. But we dont. Realistically, Creagh is a better prop than the rest of them despute his size. He is a better defender, harder runner, pokes his nose through and gets quicker play the balls and is fit as anything...

Did noone watch him play prop last year?! Our issue wasnt the initial hit out, it was the period after 25 mins when our poor bench forwards came on.
Exactly

Highland Saint

Juniors

Too many games when he went off it went to shite. The new boppers will get plenty of time but I agree Ben's defense and go forward are worth starting him. Oppositions know he plays fast and often cough up a penalty trying to smother him too. His style of play gets us on the front foot without too many stupid errors

dragon-83

Juniors
Rabbitohs:*1. Alex Johnston, 2. Daryl Millard, 3. Dylan Walker, 4. Bryson Goodwin, 5. Joel Reddy, 6. Luke Keary, 7. Adam Reynolds, 8. George Burgess, 9. Issac Luke (c), 10. Dave Tyrrell, 11. Kyle Turner, 12. Chris McQueen, 13. Jason Clark. Interchange: Cameron McInnes, Chris Grevsmuhl, Glenn Stewart, Tim Grant, Ben Lowe, Scott Sorensen, Brock Gray, Angus Crichton, Sam Manuleleau, Setefano Taukafa, Tom Hughes

Latest posts