What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current List of Raiders Contracted Players for 2014- Updated 7/11/13

Chook Herron

Juniors
The Raiders have signed Bulldogs U20's player Nathan Massey and are expected to sign team mate Aiden Sezer according to RLW

Timbo

Staff member
I've updated it, was terribly out of date.

2012 shapes up to be a retention nightmare.

Timbo

Staff member
Updated re: Blake Fergusson.

2012 is a terrifying prospect for retention.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Always going to be crazy for 2012. With the tv negotiations, most players are waiting for the cap to increase to get a better deal, this can work for us and against us.

bileduct

Coach
So who is off contract at the end of 2012?

If there is a repeat of 2011, and all indications at this stage are that it will be, unless there are some seriously major signings in key positions before 2013 we will struggle to retain players coming off contract.

aussies1st

Staff member
Drury Low
Sam Mataora
Mick Picker
Travis Waddell
Ben Picker
Mark Ioane
Nathan Massey
Jarrad Kennedy
Haydon Hodge
Sami Sauiluma
Michael Bani

aussies1st

Staff member
Also on Tuesday, Canberra Raiders' off-season started on the right foot with winger Sandor Earl re-signing with the NRL club for a further two seasons.

Earl, who joined Canberra mid-season from Penrith Panthers, finished as one of the Raiders' most reliable players in their run to the finals and racked up an impressive eight tries following the switch.

The 23-year-old was encouraged by the club's promising late season form and admitted it played a role in his decision to stay put until the end of 2014.
"It's scary to think what we can do as a group with a full pre-season together and I can't wait to see what we can achieve next year," he said.

"We've got a really strong team right across the park and the edge I play on has some very talented players like Josh McCrone, Josh Papalii and Blake Ferguson so I know I'm always going to be a chance to be in the action.

This deal caps off what has been a great year for me and I'm really excited about being able to sign for two more years.
"It's another test for me and I'm already looking forward to pre-season and getting ready for what I know will be a big year for the Raiders."
Raiders chief executive Don Furner said the new deal was just reward for Earl, who the club have high expectations for.