What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cusack released by souths to join hull fc

majorblack

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
Yeah i think youve bought quite well with these two. If Berrigan has a good game, he has a screamer, while Cusack is consistantly good, not a standout but gets all the hardwork done and will lead the pack well
Thanks for that, just reading through the posts regarding Cusack, not one negative thing said by the souths fans and he issued a thankyou letter to the fans. Its great to see fans and parting players act with such class and dignity,:clap:

Charlie124

First Grade
majorblack said:
Thanks for that, just reading through the posts regarding Cusack, not one negative thing said by the souths fans and he issued a thankyou letter to the fans. Its great to see fans and parting players act with such class and dignity,:clap:

The bolded words pretty much sum up Cusack to a tee. He reminds me of Shane Webcke on a lesser scale, probably not as good as webcke and didnt get the accolades that webcke got but a similar player in other ways

majorblack said:

I think I can comfortably say that we would have LOVED to see him stay for next year and possibly also extend. By the tone of his letter, he would have loved to stay as well, however he is approaching that age where an injury or two can end your career so he has to go and chase some coin to build up his retirement fund. I wanted him to stay but he has been a great servant of the club. When so many other high profile recruits were coming over just for a pay cheque and adding zero to the culture, the Yak came over and put in from the word go. We can't begrudge him the chance to feather his nest. Good luck to the bloke. He will be prop of the year in the ESL and he'll probably serve out this two year deal and stick around over there for another two.

Latest posts