What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuthbertson future?

Minh

First Grade
I know the general consensus is that he is going to Newcastle next season, can anybody confirm or deny this. I thought he was absolutely outstanding against the Broncos last night, he was very aggressive with his runs, I would really love to see us retain this guy.

cliffordg

Juniors
i wanna know this as well. is he going or staying. would love to keep him. hes an x factor with those offloads he can do.

Minh

First Grade
Hope he's staying, but why then have we already bought 3 backrowers - Miller, Matthews and Vea?

We are losing Bosden, Green, Mc Kinnon and other forwards off contract are Emmett, Gower, Marketo, Penese and yes Adam Cuthbertson. This could explain the signings of those three backrowers.

Yuly

Juniors
We are losing Bosden, Green, Mc Kinnon and other forwards off contract are Emmett, Gower, Marketo, Penese and yes Adam Cuthbertson. This could explain the signings of those three backrowers.

Marketo is signed for 2012

juanfarkall

Coach
From memory Penese has signed with Parra.​

SteVez

Juniors
fairdinkum we have to sign him. just jumped on to post a new thread on cuthbo and whether we have signed him. everyone else has the same thoughts. He was outstanding last night and that one on one steal was almost a match winner. Surely we have enough in the cap to get him.

juanfarkall

Coach
I vaguely recall that this season he was on 250k of which the Scum were paying 200K and us 50K.
I may well be wrong but I think part of the problem may be that his manager believes that a bench forward who may break into the starting squad should still be on similar money.
I would be surprised if we would go anywhere near 250K.

nontime111

Juniors
ADAM>>>>>>>

AMAZING game, 5 stars!!!!

LOVED tha passion you showed when crossing over for that try!!

WE NEED YOU

Please stay with DRAGONS!!

You KNOW you can win a comp with the red and whites!

LOVE the way you stepped up last night!!

Great stuff, please stay your very much appreciated brother!:sarcasm:

Bring back choc

Juniors
Its too late. We should have offered him a contract ages ago. But it's obvious Bennett has secretly told him he'll have a contract at Newcastle.
He just didn't want it out during the season.

redvwhite

Juniors
Its too late. We should have offered him a contract ages ago. But it's obvious Bennett has secretly told him he'll have a contract at Newcastle.
He just didn't want it out during the season.

I think you're are spot on here BBC. I guess its kind of fair enough seeing how Bennett brought him over and influenced his play so greatly. Shame...

Minh

First Grade
I think you're are spot on here BBC. I guess its kind of fair enough seeing how Bennett brought him over and influenced his play so greatly. Shame...

I hope Wayne leaves our team intact like he promised.

Father Ted

First Grade
Cuthbertson may head abroad despite strong form

Michael Chammas

September 19, 2011

AR-lead---Cuthbertson_20110918200223235126-420x0.jpg
Off contract ... Adam Cuthbertson will most likely leave the Dragons. Photo: Getty Images

ADAM CUTHBERTSON played his best game for St George Illawarra in Saturday night's loss to Brisbane, but it was likely his last match for the club and possibly even in Australia.
He remains off contract for next season and, despite a dynamic showing against the Broncos at the weekend, isn't expected to be a part of Steve Price's plans for next season.
The Dragons tabled an offer to Cuthbertson and his manager, Andrew Purcell, more than a month ago but a deal was never finalised.
Advertisement: Story continues below
''We let the original deadline go and [the Dragons] never came back to us,'' Purcell said. ''It's highly unlikely he'll remain at the club, considering the amount of signings they've had since then.''
Newcastle have shown interest in the former Manly and Sharks forward but they are yet to put forward a deal to secure his services.
It is believed the Roosters, who have already signed fellow Dragons Jack Bosden and Peni Tagive, as well as the Eels are keen to lure Cuthbertson to their clubs for next season.
His desire is to remain in the NRL, but the money on offer overseas in the English Super League may prove too attractive to turn down. Leeds, Hull KR and St Helens have all begun talks with Purcell to entice the Dragon to Britain next year.
''There is plenty of interest in him, so it's not like he's going to go without a club,'' Purcell said. ''But he quite possibly could end up offshore, which is a shame because we saw stuff in him on Saturday night to suggest he could still be an elite footy player in this country.''
The Dragons have signed Tigers fullback Tim Moltzen, Storm utility Chase Stanley and Canberra winger Daniel Vidot, as well as Josh Miller, Will Matthews, Leeson Ah Mau, Atelea Vea and Jeremy Latimore.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...strong-form-20110918-1kg67.html#ixzz1YOhzvpQ4

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i had never really been sold on cuthbertson this year..

his offloads, whilst handy, seemed a bit ryles-eque, costing us possession at times..

but..

after saturday night, i'm a convert to the church of cuthbo..

if it wasn't for two bits of his individual work, we would have scored ZERO tries..

sign him.

sign him now.

St_Bondi

Juniors
If he had played in the Qualifying Final against the Tigers, I think we would have won. His mobility and strength are what we need. Apart from Tim Moltzen our recruitment for 2012 is pretty lame. When was the last time Chase Stanley played 1st grade? Get Cuthbertson's signature now!!!