What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuthbertson future?

mickeylane

Bench
Unfortunately folks if things take this long to happen they normally never do- I believe the consensus that is slowly forming here that he has a deal in place w Newcastle. I dont think Bennett wanted any more Newcastle "signings" announced during season as it would have destabilised the team even further...not withstanding that I believe we have a more potent team next year w a mix of experience and players that play as they see it "off the cuff" Kyle Stanley, Tim Moltzen, Cameron King and firmly believe that Soward will start trying things more as well... I think Dragons will be a lot more attack minded next season and all we need to do is hold our defence and we will have another great year....I know we will be fitter thanks to Folkesy!!

Minh

First Grade
Weyman, Hunt and Merrin these three are very similar styles of prop forwards, I think we need a bit more variety and add another one or two aggressive and mobile forwards. I always thought Prior can do this and he may still be able to do that but he just needs to be way more aggressive in what he does, he needs to wind up and run a lot harder than he does at the moment, he has the Size, speed and mobility to do it when he first arrived on the scene I think early 2009 he ran the ball very hard.

cliffordg

Juniors
aghh damn really wish he would stay. yeh chase stanley god how bad was he in defence when he played for us. hope hes worked on that.

FlameThrower

Bench
also heard some big money chasing him in the UK Superleague...so may end up in UK? Shame, he is good player, with great off-loads, never rated him at Manly or Sharks.........master caoch does it again!

Bring back choc

Juniors
Dell tweeted today that he's off o the knights. He asked him after the game.

Sneaky Bennett.

Massive loss IMO. He should have been offered priors contract.

Minh

First Grade
Dell tweeted today that he's off o the knights. He asked him after the game.

Sneaky Bennett.

Massive loss IMO. He should have been offered priors contract.

Yeh not happy with Bennett on this one taking our best back and now our best forward (in the finals).

GongPanther

Referee
Cuthbertson was funny as f**k last night when he was dressed up as Batman when some of the Dragons squad turned up at the Steelers Club on their mad monday celebrations.:lol:

Ritzley

Juniors
It's hard to blame Cuthbo for following Benny - he would (quite rightly) considers he owes the great man a lot.

centralsaint

Juniors
For team harmony Wayne kept Cuthbo's departure quiet.He was gone well before Dousty signed Vea,Ah Mau, Miller etc. Good luck anyway to Cuthbo, great season.

Minh

First Grade
I guess it's a free market, we are stuck with a very similar forward pack next year I would like to see what Pricey and Folkes can do for our forward pack, at least there will not be all the distractions we had this year. Would like to see a few more off loads from our forwards.

Fingerbang

Bench
I feel we can compensate for losing Adam Cuthbertson. True, the guy can have a brilliant game at tiimes, but he can also have some clangers. I can't see the value in us paying him the money he can get elsewhere.

Thanks Adam.....and best of luck wherever.

saint06

Juniors
Disappointing. Why wasn't he playing more towards the end of the season?

He offered something different to the rest of the pack we have.

The Nick

Bench
His career almost went down the drain, but he took a lifeline from Sir Wayne and grabbed it with both hands and really made the most of it. Lost a heap of weight, increased his fitness and took his game to a new level. He made the most of his opportunity with us and has been rewarded with a new NRL contract, which makes me really happy for him (even if it is with another club).

He coulda taken the easy option and faded into oblivion, but instead chose to work hard and resurrect his career.

Well done Cuthbo, all the best for the future and thanks for your great service in the Mighty Red V!

redvwhite

Juniors
Yeah I agree Nick. Had he stayed with us, we may not have seen the best of him anyway. It begs the question, do we have cause for concern for Beau Scott performances to come? He attributes most of his success to Wayne Bennett and I hope he can keep it up post-Wayne.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
For team harmony Wayne kept Cuthbo's departure quiet.He was gone well before Dousty signed Vea,Ah Mau, Miller etc. Good luck anyway to Cuthbo, great season.

see i dunno about this point...

i don't know how the departure of a bench player like cuthbo would disrupt the team..

doust: "okay wayne, what do the boys know about next year?"

wayne: "well, they now know that me, their mentor and bloke who led them to a premiership, is off and that i'm taking clive churchill winner darius & rising star mckinnon with me. they know that jon green is off to the sharks for more than "jon green money" and they know that two forum favourites, bosden and peni, are off to the roosters."

doust: "how'd they take it?"

wayne: "pretty good actually"

doust: "do they know about cuthbo?"

wayne: "christ no. all of the above losses they can take on the chin. but the loss of cuthbo will cause a mutiny"

Bring back choc

Juniors
Give me cuthbo over prior any day. Seriously, the best way i can describe this that we need some threatening forwards. Forwards that bring something, whether it's aggression, ball playing skills or just size. In reality we have let go the only 3 fowards that offer this... Smith, costigan and cuthbo.

It's a huge issue. Creagh is the only forward that offers something different. Scott and young are solid ball runners. We need some bloody forwards that offer a threat! I am very concerned about this next year. Our front row is also an issue. Without the aggression of smith and costigan I think our front row was exposed as a little soft.

Latest posts