What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutters

JGH

Juniors
Cutters on live ! Anyone know .
Do like the look of their side
Keen to see Milne also

TheRev

First Grade
I cant find any NSW Cup in the fox guide (Intrust Super Premiership), just 1 U20's game on saturday and its not us..

With every season I hope they would televise all 3 grades :-/, but they still cover bugger all.

TheRev

First Grade
The squad was announced though:

Illawarra Cutters Head Coach Jason Demetriou has named his team for the opening round fixture against the New Zealand Warriors at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Saturday.

1. Adam Quinlan
2. Tom Carr
3. Taane Milne
4. Mitchell Porter
5. Kalifa Faifai Loa
6. Shaun Nona
7. Drew Hutchison
8. Shannon Wakeman
9. Josh McCrone
10. Sebastine Ikahihifo
11. Chris Lewis
12. Jacon Host
13. Damien Sironen
14. Sam Coster
15. Jay Gallagher
16. Jack Noble
19. Blake Wallace
20. Andrew McCarthy

SBD82

Coach
The squad was announced though:

Illawarra Cutters Head Coach Jason Demetriou has named his team for the opening round fixture against the New Zealand Warriors at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Saturday.

1. Adam Quinlan
2. Tom Carr
3. Taane Milne
4. Mitchell Porter
5. Kalifa Faifai Loa
6. Shaun Nona
7. Drew Hutchison
8. Shannon Wakeman
9. Josh McCrone
10. Sebastine Ikahihifo
11. Chris Lewis
12. Jacon Host
13. Damien Sironen
14. Sam Coster
15. Jay Gallagher
16. Jack Noble
19. Blake Wallace
20. Andrew McCarthy

I know you follow the cutters pretty closely Rev- can you tell me how that bench plays out? Ie what position they will play when they interchange?

CarrrnDragons

Juniors
looks a very solid squad this year, interesting the McCrone to hooker approach. Seems he may be veiwed backup to Rein and Havili rather than Benji and Widdop

TheRev

First Grade
I know you follow the cutters pretty closely Rev- can you tell me how that bench plays out? Ie what position they will play when they interchange?
Heya, I mean I have a real interest but info is hard to get from interstate.. Coast is the best source, reports on most games live... but id love the NRL to promote the feeder grades too...

o McCrone has to be the first choice backup hooker for 1st grade, and for the cutters, he will swap with Coster (same as Rein/Havili do), id like to see more of Coster, could be something in him, looks like a chunkier Segeyaro (same haircut.. no idea if he plays like him), he is 22 from memory so not sure where he was last year.

o Wallace I have nfi why he would come off the bench, unless he will drop off the 5man bench.. otherwise I guess the coach wants to give Nona & Wallace game time, but im not sure how long he can keep doing that.. cant use a bench spot like that.. I think its crunch time he has to pick one..

o The rest.. Gallagher is one of our 20's players, listed @ 2nd row but plays prop too, but I dont recognise Noble or McCarthy, I think Noble may have been a rooster and McCarthy appears to be an ex-dragon come back.. all listed as 2nd rowers so not sure whats going on there..

saints4me

Juniors
I wish they could play the Cutters games as lead up to 1st grade. It's embarrassing to play to empty grounds with no atmosphere and must be off-putting to players. Hardly a good look for the League.
I used to love watching all three grades at Kogarah on game day. Meet up with mates at the club beforehand for a beer and feed. Stroll over for the games and back to the club afterwards for match day presentation in the auditorium. Great times.

Mr Red

First Grade
looks a very solid squad this year, interesting the McCrone to hooker approach. Seems he may be veiwed backup to Rein and Havili rather than Benji and Widdop

McCrone was bought as a triangle player and to accommodate Hutch its obvious they would play him hooker.

Exciting times for the Cutters. If first grade stays injury free then they will have a very good chance at winning the comp.

Consider also that there's 7 named on the bench for 1st grade this week and that with Friz back, they'll also likely pick up Dumanis Lui

SBD82

Coach
Exciting times for the Cutters. If first grade stays injury free then they will have a very good chance at winning the comp.

Consider also that there's 7 named on the bench for 1st grade this week and that with Friz back, they'll also likely pick up Dumanis Lui

Depending how lui goes I would have thought that Mathews would be the one to move back to the cutters. Picking havili takes away some of Mathews' benefits as a utility.

Depending how lui goes I would have thought that Mathews would be the one to move back to the cutters. Picking havili takes away some of Mathews' benefits as a utility.

Either way, it will strengthen their side. Might try and get to a few more games this season.

TheRev

First Grade
Their season depends a bit on how 1st grade is going too.. i.e. how often does Hutch or Quinlan etc get plucked out of the squad?

getsmarty

Immortal
Coster: Ready For Leadership Role

Thu 3rd March, 07:00AM A A

By Blake Edwards
Illawarra Cutters hooker Sam Coster believes he is ready to become a leader ahead of the opening round fixture against the New Zealand Warriors at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Saturday.
Coster is in the midst of his third season with the NSW Cup club having previously been a graduate of the St George Illawarra Dragons National Youth Competition team.
The rake admits he has utilised the pre-season to grow as a person as a result of the physical and mental challenges he faced these past four months and is ready for whatever comes his way this campaign.
“There’s always something you can work on, and this pre-season I wanted to work on improving my skills out of hooker,” said Coster.
“Pre-season is always tough, but this year was a little tougher due to the reduction in interchange down to eight.
“We have trained that little bit harder and put more kilometers in to our legs to prepare for it.
“I would like to think that I am one of the leaders within the team as I’ve been here a couple of years now.
“It’s a good club to be at and this year by far has been the closest playing group I’ve been a part of.”

http://www.dragons.com.au/content/dr...y_for_lea.html