What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cyberpunk 2077

bileduct

Coach
Man, every f**king time I go to do one of these side missions I get three more missions while on the way there.

soc123_au

Staff member
Anyone playing on console? And does it play ok? Console reviews aren't very glowing.

Timbo

Staff member
I’m playing it on PS4 and I’m loving it.

It feels so weird to actually say I’m loving every minute of this game with the hate it’s getting. It reminds me a lot of Fallout: New Vegas which was my all time favourite game, so it’s a slam dunk win for me.

Timbo

Staff member
Is it just me or is the vehicle and pedestrian traffic AI in this game like... really bad?

It’s not great. TBH I’m expecting it to be one of the things improved when it’s patched.

The opening day version of a game like this was 99% on to be a buggy mess. I’ve just accepted it so as not to ruin my experience, I’m going to have a playthrough or two first up because I’m enjoying the story and the world a lot, then mid-2021 when they’ve released half a dozen or so patches I plan to come back and give it another burl.

Parra Pride

Coach
Is it just me or is the vehicle and pedestrian traffic AI in this game like... really bad?

Really bad is putting it mildly, it’s almost none existent. They’ve put the bare minimum in that could actually have them functioning and called it a day. It’s not something I personally would’ve noticed without someone else pointing it out, but it’s the kind of thing you just can’t put out of your mind once you’re aware of it.

bileduct

Coach
Really bad is putting it mildly, it’s almost none existent. They’ve put the bare minimum in that could actually have them functioning and called it a day. It’s not something I personally would’ve noticed without someone else pointing it out, but it’s the kind of thing you just can’t put out of your mind once you’re aware of it.
I parked my car on the sidewalk, completely off the road. I came back and found about a dozen or more cars all backed up starting at the point I left my car which wasn't in their way at all.

Another time I was driving along and was slowing to a halt when a pedestrian just walks out into the road and barely taps the side of my car. Then everyone around went f**king nuts and I'm dead a few seconds later.

Eelectrica

Referee
I parked my car on the sidewalk, completely off the road. I came back and found about a dozen or more cars all backed up starting at the point I left my car which wasn't in their way at all.

Another time I was driving along and was slowing to a halt when a pedestrian just walks out into the road and barely taps the side of my car. Then everyone around went f**king nuts and I'm dead a few seconds later.
Yeah, I've had a few weird glitches like that as well. I've seen quite a few pile ups.

Had a couple of other strange glitches on my last session. A reload fixed one, and I'll find out about the next one next session...

I hope the crime and police system gets reworked in a future update as well. Not sure teleporting police works that well.

Parra Pride

Coach

That's the general response whenever you're even an inch too close to traffic, they just come to a dead halt and won't even attempt to drive around.

I hope the crime and police system gets reworked in a future update as well. Not sure teleporting police works that well.

The problem here is the police just straight up don't have AI programmed for driving cars, outside of scripted scenes in missions you will never see police just driving.

Greenfields

Juniors
Finished the main storyline and found the whole thing really enjoyable. Going to start smashing the side missions I didn't get to now. Keen to start from scratch again though. My character was all about aggressive gun play so I want to go down the whole assassin type route next time.

bileduct

Coach
Microsoft now offering full refunds to anyone who purchased Cyberpunk 2077 through the Xbox store.

What a f**king disaster... I'm playing it on PC so I haven't really seen any notable issues at all other than non-existent traffic AI, and some weirdness where my clothed character appears nude in the mirror, but I've seen people on consoles with maaaaajor issues.

mongoose

Coach
Jesus Christ, I purchased it like 3 days ago on X box One S. Haven't noticed any major issues yet, but haven't played much of it yet (not had time). Was going to spend most of today playing it....

Eelectrica

Referee
Microsoft now offering full refunds to anyone who purchased Cyberpunk 2077 through the Xbox store.

What a f**king disaster... I'm playing it on PC so I haven't really seen any notable issues at all other than non-existent traffic AI, and some weirdness where my clothed character appears nude in the mirror, but I've seen people on consoles with maaaaajor issues.

Really bizarre situation given both those consoles were current during the entire development process of the game.
Your experience matches mine.though, I'm playing on PC and enjoying it. Graphic glitches and some oddities throughout, nothing really major, just annoyances. Still just the one crash so far before 1.04 update.
After this play through I'll put the game aside and do my second after some updates though. By then I might have an RTX video card as well.

skeepe

Immortal
Plays great on a PS5. Had a few minor glitches like bodies folding upwards after death, and a funny one where Johnny was smoking while talking to me, and the cigarette artefact got stuck in two places during the conversation so it looked like they were hanging off his nipples.

No different to Skyrim etc when it came out IMO.

Parra Pride

Coach
Really bizarre situation given both those consoles were current during the entire development process of the game.
Your experience matches mine.though, I'm playing on PC and enjoying it. Graphic glitches and some oddities throughout, nothing really major, just annoyances. Still just the one crash so far before 1.04 update.
After this play through I'll put the game aside and do my second after some updates though. By then I might have an RTX video card as well.

Makes sense why they delayed it again for people to be able to play the old Gen version on the PS5/Xbox series X. They knew it ran like shit on the old consoles, yet still pushed ahead with that release anyway. Though I guess when you have eight million pre-orders that would be a ton of orders to walk back and cancel, guessing they’re simply taking the route of trying to restore their reputation while giving back as little money as possible.

Latest posts