What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters
So not only have they cheated for last few years but had a plan to keep cheating for the next three! Wow, it looks even worse than the Storm rort.

Nope, the NRL in all its wisdom have said that all Eels TPAs, whether legitimate or illegitimate, will be counted against their salary cap.

Most likely most of these TPAs were legitimate because the only illegitimate TPAs were on Sewards watch. You know, the same guy who got advice from Greenberg how to use TPAs.

Snappy

Coach
Nope, the NRL in all its wisdom have said that all Eels TPAs, whether legitimate or illegitimate, will be counted against their salary cap.

Most likely most of these TPAs were legitimate because the only illegitimate TPAs were on Sewards watch. You know, the same guy who got advice from Greenberg how to use TPAs.

What a load of crap.

The undeclared TPA's have been counted in the cap and rightly so. Show me where the NRL has counted above board TPA's in the cap.

Parra fans... always playing the victim.

mxlegend99

Referee
The Storm cheating was also to keep a squad they had pretty much developed. Eels cheated to outbid other clubs for established big name signings like Watmough, Foran, Scott and Jennings.

Cheating is wrong regardless. But the Eels were the bigger cheats for mine.

ozenzud

Juniors
Quick question which I'm sure can be easily answered. Media here in NZ have not really reported this clearly, but I thought the Eels lost competition points. All the current tables show them without having any points stripped.

What's the story there?

thorson1987

Coach
Quick question which I'm sure can be easily answered. Media here in NZ have not really reported this clearly, but I thought the Eels lost competition points. All the current tables show them without having any points stripped.

What's the story there?

It was preliminary punishment.

The eels then had until 2 weeks ago to reply to the breach notice. (The NRL then allowed an extra week up until last friday).

After the Eels had replied to the breach notice the NRL then has 10 days to hand down its final findings.

So will be mid next week where they lose their points more than likely.

Card Shark

Immortal
Wouldn't be surprised if they lose them today.

Deadline for reply was Friday & I'd say the NRL were just waiting for it to pass.

Can't see the Eels coming up with any reasonable excuse for their actions.

ozenzud

Juniors
It was preliminary punishment.

The eels then had until 2 weeks ago to reply to the breach notice. (The NRL then allowed an extra week up until last friday).

After the Eels had replied to the breach notice the NRL then has 10 days to hand down its final findings.

So will be mid next week where they lose their points more than likely.

Thanks for that. NZ web sites just give us All Blacks and negative Warrriors stories. All the Oz newsites have pay screens and I'm too tight to pay.

Sphagnum

Coach
Notice the media still getting plenty of mileage out of this. Don't expect the decision any time soon. We know who is really running the game (and everything else on the planet)

thorson1987

Coach
Notice the media still getting plenty of mileage out of this. Don't expect the decision any time soon. We know who is really running the game (and everything else on the planet)

Decision will be made within 10 days after parra replied to the breach notice which they did last Friday.

ed-grimley

Bench
The level of schadenfreude in any team cheating the cap in a post 22/4/10 world would be high but even higher than usual considering it is the team that had the audacity to do exactly the same thing Storm did after crying foul about Melbourne cheating.
Uh?

Latest posts