What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D - Day

brooksy19

Bench
Apparently there is a press conference for tommorow.

Local radio station Star FM (104.5) just said in their 4pm sports update that Head has inked a deal with Wests Tigers (source = my own ears)..

Hope they havent gone off too early.

Ronald :shock: \\\\:D/

super_coach

First Grade
Ronald has just won a one horse race in a photo. The Ronald clan will now get a five year extension on their contracts for service beyond the call of duty.

Head will be more than good, but dont expect miricales, these days he is a kicking and passing half

brooksy19

Bench
Pretty much what we need though i would of though supre coach, a half that can kick well and pass smartly.. something Benji isn't up to scratch on just yet, with Benji running into space at 5/8, our backs will have a field day. I think Head's classic style (much like Prince) is a perfect foil for Benji's Dynamic/flamboyunt style

I wonder if it means either Benji to centre .. or Benji to fullback and Morris to 5/8 ?
Please god let it be true we have signed Head .. injury prone yes but whoever gets him over his injuries will have a star on their hands ... he is a rep quality half

Estoboy

Juniors
I look at this in two ways

First is good! Good work tigers in finding a half, and a half that is good (all things considered). Its good that they are addressing a problem and CAN buy a big name player.

The second view is bad. Obviously the club was arrogant and short sighted when Prince left. This shows that the club had no plan for the time beyond prince, and showed that morris as a half was not the way. Band-aids don't work! It also shows that their bullsh*t story of the cap being full is just that... bullsh*t!

The loss of saffy is inexcusable.
Heads still need to roll at concord

brooksy19

Bench
MOTH, Shines will backflip and move Benji back to 5/8, surely he cannot be dumb enough to move him to centre.

Kul, Saffy is not a big loss, in reality he's = to Corey Payne, Payne I think CAN be better..time will tell.

I wonder if Ronald is going to pay Head's cab fare to concorde or wherever the press confrence is... or maybe Head won't sign, but we're announcing Sheens & Minster of Defence have signed a 5yr extension.

Palms

Juniors
IMO saffy was not as good as everyone made him out to be. Sure he could put on a hit but did seem to go missing in attack and didnt play nearly enough minutes to warrant his spot in the side. We have far better prospects at the tigers with a list of second rowers as long as my arm.

Good work on the Head signing tigers, if injury free he will complement the Marshall to a tee in the halves as Brooksy has already stated. Head leading the forwards around the park setting up room for Benji to roam wider and only have to worry about what him and his backline are doing, with Head being a great kicker also.

I read in the paper today that A. Johns was going to announce a 3rd club that he would be working with in the halves. He was supposed to make this announcement today and as of yet have not heard news of it so wondering if we might be the 3rd club he has been linked to - re holding a press conference for head and him...just a thought

Eddie.

Bench
My mail is it is the annoncment of a 2 year extension for Sizzler as well as his purchase of some new witches hats, that are controlled by a remote.

hrundi99

First Grade
super_coach said:
Ronald has just won a one horse race in a photo. The Ronald clan will now get a five year extension on their contracts for service beyond the call of duty.

So when he doesn't sign someone he's a goose, and when he does sign someone he's still a goose.

Yeah, that makes sense...

:sarcasm:

gurstar

Juniors
andrew johns be be an assistant with shines and a matt head signing ..

and royce to be a coach with the jim beam cup
steve roach defencive coach
o hara to the dogs
reni mutia to west tigers

Eddie. said:
My mail is it is the annoncment of a 2 year extension for Sizzler as well as his purchase of some new witches hats, that are controlled by a remote.
The flying fox has inked a 3 year deal so impressed were they with his ability to break tackles last season

super_coach

First Grade
Gurstar--if only--now that would be worthy of a press conference. Although not to sure on Blocker as defensive coach, what about Muggo from rugby, that was one of the few things the wally-bees could do--tackle

gurstar

Juniors
yer anyone who is willing to have a go might go alright .Old royce has had his day in the sun

Palms said:
IMO saffy was not as good as everyone made him out to be. Sure he could put on a hit but did seem to go missing in attack and didnt play nearly enough minutes to warrant his spot in the side. We have far better prospects at the tigers with a list of second rowers as long as my arm.

Good work on the Head signing tigers, if injury free he will complement the Marshall to a tee in the halves as Brooksy has already stated. Head leading the forwards around the park setting up room for Benji to roam wider and only have to worry about what him and his backline are doing, with Head being a great kicker also.

I read in the paper today that A. Johns was going to announce a 3rd club that he would be working with in the halves. He was supposed to make this announcement today and as of yet have not heard news of it so wondering if we might be the 3rd club he has been linked to - re holding a press conference for head and him...just a thought

Saffy could pull of some good hits not many others in our club can hes gonna be great for the dragons

innsaneink

Referee
brooksy19 said:
MOTH, Shines will backflip and move Benji back to 5/8, surely he cannot be dumb enough to move him to centre.

Why would that be a backfip?

Hes already admitted Morris at 7 is a failed experiment, if benji back to 6 and head at 7 occurs, its logic, not a backflip

Dunno where Morris fits though, maybe 14.

Morris fits in PL
Or at Newcastle
He's a spastic
And yes Ink it is a backflip after his `Benji will make a great 7 and be our Thurston' bullsh*t rhetoric the myth he repeated ad nauseum after Benji came back.

All because the myth signed a spastic who'd never played halfback in his life to replace a premiership winning half. The buck stops with Shines

super_coach

First Grade
Saffy was a good no 20 or so, but he wasnt going to play state of o, but every club needs players like Saffy in their top 25. But if to keep him was going to force a young kid out who has that X factor, well the tigers did the right thing

gurstar

Juniors
The Big News Tomorrow Must Be Big ....

The Last Time Wests Tigers Had Big News Is When We Won The Grand Final.

Latest posts