What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

daily telegraph top 50 players

hitman82

Bench
Lockyer so low on the list seems odd.
Vatuvei so low on the list is ridiculous. Whether it's the Kiwis or Warriors he plays for, he tends to be the most effective player in that team.
Takes hit ups like a (very good) prop. Is nearly never tackled one on one. Jumps / tramples anyone in his path near the try line. Has incredible pace, strong fend and a great offload. Not to mention his ridiculous workrate.
All this despite the fact the guy is always carrying a leg injury of some kind.
Uate and Morris have Some of these attributes, but no winger has his complete skillset.

mxlegend99

Referee
Some of those selections are so wild it's hard to believe anyone in the world could think them.

How could anyone in the world honestly believe that Kurt Gidley is better then the likes of Darren Lockyer, Luke Lewis, Nathan Hindmarsh, Petero Civoniceva and so on... blokes who have played high quality football at all levels for up to a decade or more.

Players that should be higher:
Luke Lewis should be in the top 10.
Darren Lockyer should be in the top 5.
Petero Civoniceva should be in the top 20 and closer to the top 10.

Players that should be lower:
Greg Inglis is nowhere near the second best player in the game these days. He would have been lucky to play 5 good games in 2010.
Sam Burges should be considerably lower. He hasn't earnt a place that high up the list yet.
Kurt Gidley should be nearer the bottom of the list.
Anthony Watmough should be lower after a poor 2010.
David Taylor shouldn't be on the list at all.
Jamal Idris shouldn't be on the list at all (and to be ahead of Lewis, Petero, Lockyer etc.?)
Nathan Gardner shouldn't be on the list at all

Lambretta

First Grade
LOL Brett Morris is a talentless hack and one of the worst players in the NRL

I think you under-estimate Brett Morris

Have you ever seen his impression of Josh Morris?
It's all class. Seriously. I'd like to see Manu do that!

Lambretta

First Grade
LOL Brett Morris is a talentless hack and one of the worst players in the NRL

I think you under-estimate Brett Morris

Have you ever seen his impression of Josh Morris?
It's all class. Seriously. I'd like to see Manu do one as well as Brett can!

Latest posts