What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M Awards. Winner = Johnathan Thurston

voltron

Juniors
yeah Buderus' 1on1 strips yesterday
solid defense, great service to the forwards, and dummy half runs have been great

but then again Farah had a bye this yr already too

Bman26

Juniors
MC84 said:
I'd say alot of those are from him breaking the line and giving it to the support player...

I can recall 4 passes before and at the defensive line and 1 kick in those 7

Jono078

Referee
Mullen unlucky not to get points.

But cant really argue with those points for the game.

Stonecutter

First Grade
voltron said:
yeah Buderus' 1on1 strips yesterday
solid defense, great service to the forwards, and dummy half runs have been great

but then again Farah had a bye this yr already too

Douglas will be having nightmares of Buderus.

Lowdown

Juniors
mongoose said:
what did cam smith do to get 3 points? I think some of these judges just vote for the most popular player.

How about play the house down. Smith was sensational. Great kicking game, and made over 50 tackles, and a number of incisive runs from dummy half.

He deserved 3 points quite easily as he controls so much of the Storm momentum. If we separate the bias issue of ex-players giving Dally M votes to teams they were/are affiliated with, this is not a popularity contest.

The only issue I have is how the hell Hunt got a vote, when he was one of the worst on ground, made no impact on the match whatsoever. Compared to Petero who ran for over 200m and was easily the Broncos best, and Hodges who clearly outshone Hunt, to Dallas Johnson who made an incredible 58 tackles. Sure one of these 3 deserve at least a point.

Jono078

Referee
Lol, what did Hunt do to get a point? Bombed a try and almost let the game slip away...

Inferno

Coach
Bird can consider himself unlucky. Scored a double and also kicked 3 times for 3 repeat sets. Not bad for a lock playing out of position.

Nathan B

Juniors
Jono078 said:
Lol, what did Hunt do to get a point? Bombed a try and almost let the game slip away...

Who would have thought Ben Ikin would name three Broncos in a game that was an extremely close contest for the entire 80 minutes.

smeghead

Bench
No suprise. But if it went the other way and Bunnies won you can guarantee at least one Bronco would have made it if not 2

ledzep

Bench
how the f**k did mascord give two points to finch?
you barely noticed that he was on the field

yobbo84

Coach
LOL at Karmichael Hunt. Seriously.

IMO:

3. Civoniceva
2. Hodges
1. Asotasi

Eastwood.. well made 1 or 2 good hits and didn't do much else. Civoniceva had a huge game, and Hodges looked like the only bloke out there capable of scoring.

Serc

First Grade
I cannot fathom the choices from Ikin...if Asotasi can't get a point after a performance like that on Friday night and Hunt can then the system is a joke. As has been called time and time again, obviously biased judges shouldn't be making the decisions on certain games - yes this includes Matty Johns and the Knights :p

MSIH

Bench
Raiding Dazz said:
Greg Alexander hates the Raiders so even if they won i bet he would have given 3points to a manly player

It was Gary Freeman.

Don't know how Withers got a point. All he did was run around picking fights.

Raiding Dazz

Juniors
my mistake i watched it and freeman actually picked teh raiders to win
but Alexander does hate the raiders , he always bags them

Latest posts