What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M Night - Your thoughts

I think the NRLW awards were way more shocking than NRL. As someone who follows NRLW I can definitely see a real bias/clique within NRLW awards and votes.

Thing is if you look at the form though, the Sharks lost its first game to the Roosters in Round 8 40-0, then folloowed thaty up by losing 20-16 against the Broncos the following week, and made it a trifecta of losses to end the regular season losing 12-10 to the Tigers, which was the Tigers second win of the year. The Broncs and Roosters only lost 2 games all season and both ended the regular season with good wins against some quailty opposition.

The Knights lost 3 games, but most of those losses were somewhat close.

In all honesty, the amounmt of talent in each squad in the NRLW Top 4 this season would make it easier for players at the other sides to poll points more regulalry as they wouldn't be splitting the votes between them.

wittyfan

Referee
I thought Abdo’s acknowledgment of country was heartfelt and not in any way corporate box ticking.

V’Landys also appeared to be dozing off too during Abdo’s wheeze before someone behind him prodded him awake.

Yvonne Sampson held the whole shambles together with aplomb.

aqua_duck

Coach
Thing is if you look at the form though, the Sharks lost its first game to the Roosters in Round 8 40-0, then folloowed thaty up by losing 20-16 against the Broncos the following week, and made it a trifecta of losses to end the regular season losing 12-10 to the Tigers, which was the Tigers second win of the year. The Broncs and Roosters only lost 2 games all season and both ended the regular season with good wins against some quailty opposition.

The Knights lost 3 games, but most of those losses were somewhat close.

In all honesty, the amounmt of talent in each squad in the NRLW Top 4 this season would make it easier for players at the other sides to poll points more regulalry as they wouldn't be splitting the votes between them.
Titans finished 3rd last including some absolute drubbings yet had 4 girls nominated for team of the year and 2 girls get into that team.
In previous years Ron Griffith literally took a team that finished dead last and failed to win a game to back to back premierships and was snubbed for coach of the year both times.
I’m genuinely bemused Abbi Church somehow finished 2nd and polled like twice as many points as Tamika Upton, these are their stats
Church:
9 games
1 try
7 line breaks
0 try assists
157m per game

Upton:
10 games
7 tries
7 line breaks
13 try assists
124m per game

Church literally had 1 try involvement all year where as Upton had 2 try involvements per game.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Rugby League history started in 2020. Ask any Penrith fan.

Forget the fact Ivan couldn't coach before then.
Couldn't coach....got our basket case of a club to 5 finals in 7 years, would've made another if not for salary cap breaches not on his tenure, then we make 2 in 13 years after he goes. And 3 in 13 years before he arrived.

Dude is a coaching savant. He wins on Sunday, he has coached more premiership victories than Craig Bellamy (f**k off to anyone who counts 2007 and 2009). I hope he does.