What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M Night - Your thoughts

Fangs

Coach
It was a bee's dick away from a huge meltdown on here if teddy had of won. Teddy deserved all the points he got but the fact Jahrome got docked 6 for accidentally touching a ref is a joke.

This whole thing about the award being best and "fairest" is outdated.

Tedesco was good this year.

The question is where does he actually rank of the best players of 2024 list. Is he truly second?

PlayerPoints
Jahrome Hughes62
James Tedesco61
Daly Cherry-Evans51
Tom Trbojevic46
Scott Drinkwater45
Isaah Yeo42
Kalyn Ponga40
Dylan Edwards34
Ben Hunt33
Harry Grant33

Is Scott Drinkwater...yes Drinkwater the 5th best player in the NRL? f**k me.

1 forward in the top ten. 3 halfbacks, 5 fullbacks and just the lone hooker on the corner.

I feel like I want to scrap the Dally M award itself. Far more emphasis should be placed on the best 'team' of the year.

Scootsie

Juniors
I would love to see a forward win the medal. Yeo had a good year, and probably could’ve ranked a bit higher. And he’s really only there because of the link role he plays at Penrith - a bit like another 5/8.
Which all goes to prove that in the modern version of the game the award is going to be dominated by spine players.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I would love to see a forward win the medal. Yeo had a good year, and probably could’ve ranked a bit higher. And he’s really only there because of the link role he plays at Penrith - a bit like another 5/8.
Which all goes to prove that in the modern version of the game the award is going to be dominated by spine players.
He's the best defensive player in the sport, that's on top of his 150m a game and all the ballplaying.