What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Dally M Race 2021

Team of the year is decided by votes in positions isn't it? Not necessarily who are the best players in the positions.

So a few standout games with a bunch of shit ones could poll quiet well while a good season without man of the match performances might not if you are in teams where studs like Walker, Mitchell, Turbo etc. Are dominating points every week.

That's the only reason I can see Kikau making it. He has had some great games.but his terrible ones don't really hurt as there are lots of great second row performances around the comp that probably don't get points at all.
Thanks; didn’t know that. Kilau was definitely rocks and diamonds this year, so easy to see him getting a number of weeks where he would got 2/3 points.

Probably also talks to how dominant spine players are in picking up the points.

As I predicted they bent over backwards to give the Coach of the Year to Craig Bellamy. I'm not knocking Bellamy's ability, just I think some judges get enamoured of certain people and only look at what they do and ignore others.

The_Frog

First Grade
Wasn’t a great year for centres I mean Gagai made the list despite being nothing more than okay.

Biggest howler was Murray not getting picked anyway.
Both the players and the Dally M judges (and for that matter the NSW selectors) agreed on this one. I'd say like Wittyfan you prefer the pretty ones.

roofromoz

First Grade
Burton polled more points than Manu, that's my understanding. Surprised like most PENRITH fans he got the award. Many more matches at centre than in the halves too.

Perth Red

Post Whore
As I predicted they bent over backwards to give the Coach of the Year to Craig Bellamy. I'm not knocking Bellamy's ability, just I think some judges get enamoured of certain people and only look at what they do and ignore others.
winning the minor premiership and equaling a 50 year winning run record is always going to put you in the lead for that. Add in his ability to transition the team after the retirement of its best players and bring through some numpties to look like world beaters this year and its not hard to see why he won it. In reality Cleary was the only other contender and if Panthers had won the Minor premiership he would have probably picked it up. Hasler showed he cant coach a winning team without the star player playing well and Souths only came third. Robinson did well with the injuries but end of day they were well out of contention. Bellamy a deserving winner.

Latest posts