What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Carlaw leaves Catalans Dragons

Tyler.Durden

Juniors
Catalans Dragons utility player Dane Carlaw has left the club to return home to Australia for family reasons.
The 30-year-old, who joined the Dragons in 2008 and signed a new one-year deal in August, played 71 times in the Super League, scoring eight tries.
He joined the club as a second row but spent most of last season as a centre.
Carlaw said: "I am very disappointed to leave and not respecting my contract until the end. But this decision is the best for my family and myself."

LINK
Any interest from the broncos? Another Robust forward. How has his form been the last few seasons?

gUt

Coach
No disrespect to a noted Bronco but we don't need another mobile forward.

Big Pete

Referee
I'd have him if he'd be prepared to spend a lot of time in the Queensland Cup and come cheaply.

I don't think having an old head around is a bad thing with all these juniors...especially if they're not going to get in the way of their development.

Last edited:

Wilfred

Juniors
Im in pain hearing this about Jane, signing him would be insane. His skills, like my poetry, is rather mundane

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
haha...

Seriously though it wouldn't matter who we sign as long as its a one year deal. Otherwise the money that would have gone to Inglis is just wasted. As long as its a one year deal and there is no one else better to sign then we have nothing to lose.

Dazzat

First Grade
Given the choice between Carlaw and another player rumoured to be signing like Frank Pelatua ... given me Frank. Frank's got some leadership qualities rarely mentioned in press releases.

I'd prefer Carlaw playing Queensland Cup and having to earn his spot at the club through consistent performances, rather than riding into town and expecting an easy ride due to 180-odd previous appearances.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Frank or Dane will have Broncos fans fuming. To be honest - ideally you just dont want either.

I feel sorry for Frank - he is a qurter of the player his younger brother is. Now while Matty Johns went through that - its different in Samoan/Tongan households. Their mana is dependant on birth order.

Munky

Coach
Frank or Dane will have Broncos fans fuming. To be honest - ideally you just dont want either.

I feel sorry for Frank - he is a qurter of the player his younger brother is. Now while Matty Johns went through that - its different in Samoan/Tongan households. Their mana is dependant on birth order.

Frank IMO always gave more for Penrith but didn't have Tony's talent.

If Tony had applied himself at a similar level to Petero he would go down as the best attacking second rower of the 00's.

Was a weapon when he turned upto play.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Hmm bit harsh on Tony. I thought he turned upto play more often than not.

I think he'd make my 17 for NRL 2000 team...

johns_reds

First Grade
The bottom of that article that Dazzat posted it says "Carlaw will return from France with his wife Lise and young son Remy and will be allied to Broncos' affiliate club Wynnum Seagulls."

Does that mean he has signed for Broncos or Wynnum Seagulls?

screeder

Juniors
The bottom of that article that Dazzat posted it says "Carlaw will return from France with his wife Lise and young son Remy and will be allied to Broncos' affiliate club Wynnum Seagulls."

Does that mean he has signed for Broncos or Wynnum Seagulls?

I'd say the 1 year deal is with Broncos.

He can't be on much money surely. It'd be next to nothing and hoping to play out of his skin for a proper deal. His pockets would be thick with SL money anyway.

DeeJ

Bench
Good option to have around the club especially since we have so many young players. Can play prop or backrow and should really come in handy during Origin time. Welcome back Dane.

Latest posts