What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dane Carlaw

balmainbenny

Juniors
Carlaw played for the Toowoomba Clydesdales over the weekend. This is a guy who played test footy 12 months ago. Is he well and truly past it?? Would a change of clubs do him a world of good?

Personally, I'd wipe the tigers management out if they signed him. Only Brad Myers is worse than Carlaw as a former test forward since 2000.

Jordan

Juniors
He's just come back from a shoulder reconstruction. Bennett put him in the Queensland Cup so he could try and get some confidence back in his game, which just wasn't happening in first grade.

I don't think he's past it.. If things don't work out with the Broncos though, a change could do him good..ala Carl Webb..

Broncodroid

Juniors
Dane Carlaw last played Test football in 2003.

I have never been a big fan of Dane Carlaw as a Brisbane supporter. We are talking about a physical specimen that other forwards would dream of having his genetic make up yet he just doesn't use his god given ability/make up to it's full advantage for mine. This is my opinion only.

Carlaw can be found wanting in crucial games, for the life of me, I cannot fathom how he played 6 tests for Australia. To be blunt, he isoverrated.

Is Carlaw past it? I wouldn't think so at what age 24-25, though I would not be annoyed if we let him go ala' Brad Meyers. We have Stagg, Costigan, Wyatt, Thorn and Parker as backrow alternatives, even Learoyd-Lars is an alternative if need be...put it this way, I would be more concerned with securing a guy like David Stagg rather than this former test footballer.

Would a change do him good? Perhaps. IMO it is all mental with Carlaw, he does not play with the confidence of a former origin/test forward and I don't believe he is all that comfortable taking on the NRL's best week in week out. The QLD Cup could be the reality check he needs and I may get a big F U in the process...I welcome it as it would be to the teams advantage to have him ripping in.

For the 1000th time, why did we let go Webb! :(

Broncodroid

Juniors
As for a change doing Carl Webb the world of good..to a degree I concur though keep in mind Carl Webb before being injured late in the season for Brisbane was one of our better performing forwards when called back into the team. Webb changed his attitude and his football reaped the rewards.

The NQ Cowboys has been a good fit which has further improved him it has to be said...good news for QLD fans.

Latest posts